Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,933   Posts: 1,522,245   Online: 1052

Shooter
    Multi Format

Pentax 645 lenses?

Hi all,

This may sound strange but I have to ask this question. Recently I got Pentax 645N camera without lens. Will Pentax lens for 645 camera fit models 645, 645N as well as model 645NII? Thanks for any help you may provide.

SloboM

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Yes. The 645 lenses fit and work on the 645N. Of course they will not AF but the focus confirmation dot works and MF is not a problem with the big and bright viewfinder.
    The only (slight) incompatibility is that on the 645N the aperture recording on the film (if enabled) may be off by half a stop.
    The 645NII afaik uses the same lens lineup as the 645N.
    Last edited by ath; 05-16-2013 at 09:15 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks so much Andreas for your quick response.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    all lenses are compatible across the entire range.
    you'll of course lose AF capability with the FA lenses if using them on the P645 (1st version, non-N/NII)

-Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Dan.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Slobo, if you are not shy of a bit of extra weight, also consider Pentax 6x7 and 67 lenses via the P67-to-P645 adapter. They work similar to the P645 manual lenses, including AF confirmation and automatic aperture closing.

Christian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Christian.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Slightly OT but I had an non-af early 75/2.8 lens and it was phenomenal in my opinion. The adapter idea is excellent as well, many 67 lenses are selling for a song.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin