Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,780   Online: 1051

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Re #3. These may have existed but were in no catalog or literature that I ever found, and I amassed a lot of data on the entire Bronica series.
    Should have tried Google and ebay. They pop up for sale more often than you would think.

And as was mentioned they were available in multiple mounts. You can find one for your Rollei 6008 here.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Wish they had one for the hasselblad!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When I bought the Bronica, there was no Google or E-Bay. My last purchases were the 500 mm lens and 2x telextender.

I've gotten some beautiful shots at 1000 mmm, and a lot of questions because the total lens set reaches nearly to my toes.

PE

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I want to see a pic of that setup. Haha

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    6x7 negs/trannies are 400% bigger than 35mm; in the 645 format, a little smaller, but still a whopping improvement. At printing, there will be no discernible difference, save only for any faults introduced by you e.g. exposure errors, focusing off, etc.

There is an endemic quality of imaging at for either of the MF sizes (including 6x6 and slight variations) and print quality will be uniformly excellent, in terms of viewing to whatever size you desire (currently I'm printing at 81x61cm).
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I personally don't have much use for 645. It's not different enough from 35mm. My 16MP digital can already print a 20x24" just as well as my 6x7; but I can hold my 6x7 transparencies up to the light and people go "oooh", whereas the 645 and 35mm transparencies just make them squint.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

The Bottom Line

If you are interested in very smooth tonal gradations of grayscale, and if you are interested in as little grain as possible, you should carry the largest format camera around that you are able to carry, and you are able to use with as few limitations as possible to what you wish to achieve.

If you are interested in only getting a good picture, you carry around the camera that you are intimately familiar with, and don't give a dime whether there is grain in the picture or not, because you know that for most purposes, even 35mm will be more than good enough with super careful processing and printing.

Likely you're somewhere in between, or maybe even do both side by side. Then you have to compromise.

There IS a difference between 645 and 67. No question about it. You will get 'better' print quality from a 67 negative. The real question is how much that really matters to you, and whether you're prepared to only get half the photographs in the same amount of film, and if the extra bulk doesn't bother you.
    You COULD purchase something like a Fuji or Mamiya rangefinder and shoot 6x7 with a camera that is very light, portable, and extremely capable.

Good luck with your choice. Whatever you pick, make sure it meets your demands for portability, picture quality, shooting speed, etc.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cjbecker View Post
    Wish they had one for the hasselblad!
    Lol! No you don't. The one that sold last month went for $1,800 for the Bronica mount. The Rollei mount costs $2,500... I assume because of all the automation.

Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    RE #3: The ETR series did have a tilt/shift lens. Made by Schneider, it's named Zenzanon-PE Super Angulon 55mm f4.5 PCS. Not a lot of them out there. The same Schneider lens is in some other MF mounts also.
    What is strange is if you have the money with a little bit of patience they pop up on eprey on a regular basis. I guess lenses like that don't get mistaken for junk and thrown out. There are at least three available for sale at the moment. A couple of Bronicas and a Rollei mount.

When I bought the Bronica, there was no Google or E-Bay.
    I guess that's the good thing about coming late to the party. I assume I know nothing and research like crazy. I've known about that lens for almost a decade though. Pretty much ever since I started looking. There are all kinds of weird things that were manufactured for medium format cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When I bought the Bronica, there was no Google or E-Bay. My last purchases were the 500 mm lens and 2x telextender.

I've gotten some beautiful shots at 1000 mmm, and a lot of questions because the total lens set reaches nearly to my toes.

PE
    You'll get better pictures pointing it another direction.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Noble View Post
    Lol! No you don't. The one that sold last month went for $1,800 for the Bronica mount. The Rollei mount costs $2,500... I assume because of all the automation.
    Or because they can get that much.

From what I have heard, the T/S for ETR cost new something over ten grand. I'm surprised Bronica didn't offer it in SQ mount, as it was offered for other 6X6 cameras.
    [/QUOTE]
    Last edited by lxdude; 05-21-2013 at 09:03 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin