Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,062   Online: 1003

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good deal, you won't ever find that camera cheaper even if buying bargain grade or even ugly grade. I'd snap it up and let it feast on rolls and rolls of 120. You would also want to get a nice strap for it, I use a neoprene strap made by optech that helps with reducing the strain from the weight with its elasticity. it really makes the camera feel much lighter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree with Newt. For $200, even if it needs some repair, you'll come out ahead.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Nice, I will go have a look tomorrow, and if it i still there, I willsnap it up... Newt, great idea with the neoprene, it was pretty damn heavy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by FotoFunfDreissig View Post
    Nice, I will go have a look tomorrow, and if it i still there, I willsnap it up... Newt, great idea with the neoprene, it was pretty damn heavy
    I would add into the price, a truss for your hernia
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Yeah actually now that i think about it again, I dont know that i would want it on my neck at all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by FotoFunfDreissig View Post
    Yeah actually now that i think about it again, I dont know that i would want it on my neck at all.

If you use the side lugs, a reasonably comfortable strap on your shoulder, the camera carries nicely even under a jacket and can be brought to your eye very easily.
    Why would you want to put any kind of weight hanging around your neck?

If it is in good condition, $200 is a steal.

While it looks big and clunky, the shooting itself is very easy and comfortable and the rendering of the lens is second to none.

Cheers,

Luc
    Field # ShenHao XPO45 - Monorail # Sinar F2
    Multi format P&S 4x5, 6x12, 6x9 # Chamonix Saber
    6x6 # Minolta Autocord, 6x9 # Kodak Medalist

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They ain't that heavy!!!! I'm an old fart and lug two of the Fujis around quite often!
    gene LaFord

Long live Ed "Big Daddy" Roth!!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    "I don't care about Milwaukee or Chicago." - Yvon LeBlanc

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I used to lug it around...never through it was any heavier than a SLR with a Zoom on it. In fact, might be lighter.....

Great lens, just wish the shutter didn't have that bizarre B/T setting.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by papagene View Post
    They ain't that heavy!!!! I'm an old fart and lug two of the Fujis around quite often!
    Use to do that - Billy the Kid style (or Butch Cassidy or Bill Cody) GW690 on one shoulder and GSW690 on the other with a jacket on top so that there is no risk of the strap slipping.
    Field # ShenHao XPO45 - Monorail # Sinar F2
    Multi format P&S 4x5, 6x12, 6x9 # Chamonix Saber
    6x6 # Minolta Autocord, 6x9 # Kodak Medalist

Shooter
    35mm RF
    So there is a predicament I now am in. I went back to the store to buy the camera. Aaaaaaand. It's gone. Apparently someone came in yesterday and bought all their cameras, (the rest were all compact 35mm's from the 90s oh an an older Canon A1) apparently, and you guys are going to laugh, the GW690 was $2 not $200.

So anyway, I'm standing there like bugger, and realise that im not only and idiot but very disappointed, after thinking about it, and getting into the idea of it, i got my hopes up about the camera. Now i just went on ebay to look at how much I can pick one up for. They are going for $7-900 dollars.

Does anybody feeling like selling me theirs? I will pay as much over $2 as i need without breaking the bank

Damnit,
    Pedro

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin