Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,523,978   Online: 862

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    $2 wow! Sorry that you missed out. Probably someone read this thread and snatched it up. It's happened in the past on various forums, and probably this one as well where eBay or Craigslist deals have been posted and the op ended up getting beat to the punch when they finally decided to go for it. Probably a reseller or someone in the trade. Best not to dwell on it, there will be other deals.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Possibly, but i doubt it, I don't imagine there are too many users on this forum from Western Australia.

If so however, congrats mystery person!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow.....$2 is an outright steal. Someone is VERY happy right now..........

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Fuji rangefinders all have stellar reputations. They all have great lenses and for what they do the are very compact and light. In particular the 6x9 is as close to large format as you can get, and to think that it is in a light weight rangefinder is really quite amazing. I guess my reason for not buying any of them centers on two issues. First, I actually prefer the 6x7 and 6x6 look over the 6x9, which looks too much like a 645 or a 35mm frame to me. Secondly I actually do think the absence of a light meter is quite unfortunately. If you are buying a rangefinder portability and ease of use is the whole point! Why should you have to lug around a separate piece of equipment and double the number of steps and time it takes to make a photo? Fuji figured it out and added meters to their 645 rangefinders and of course the current GF models have them as well. My Mamiya 6 does too. Perhaps I'm just spoiled... I mean, its one thing if I'm intentionally going retro and shooting with my Mamiya Press or one of the pre-leaf shutter Bronicas or my Pentax SV. In that case I don't mind carrying a light meter. But the Fuji 6x9 rangefinders are relatively modern bodies. They really should have a meter! (OK, that's all the ranting I'll do for now)

Anyway, the $2 story is a heart breaker! Better luck next time. And in spite of my prejudice, if you find what you're looking for I expect you will love it and take some wonderful photos with it.
    Pentax 67ii, Fuji GF670, Mamiya 6, Pentax 645N
    Chemical Cameras
    My Galleries

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Wow.. not so much a rant, more interesting information, I wasn't necessarily even in the market for the camera, but yeah 2 dollars, bit sad i missed out even if it doesn't have a meter, I'm pretty jealous and I am sure they will be happy. I'll be looking for a 645 now as a result of that info.

You bet I will take photo after photo, and print in my newly set up darkroom, Yay. And for now, ill just use my Leica. *Runs and hides before the Medium Format Police arrest me.

Cheers Pedro

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If your going MF I'd suggest you go atleast to 6x6. 645 is way to small and is the smallest step up from 35mm, not worth it as there won't be noticeable differences when enlarging. If you like the rectangle, crop or go to 6x7.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I too like 6x6 actually, it is hip to be square. I would like something ideally similar to what I am used to, i.e rangefinder. What would people recommend, as a quality rangerfinder, with good glass available, portability without being restricted by lack of manual features. something like these fujis, idealy with a meter included.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by FotoFunfDreissig; 05-24-2013 at 07:03 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FotoFunfDreissig View Post
    I too like 6x6 actually, it is hip to be square. I would like something ideally similar to what I am used to, i.e rangefinder. What would people recommend, as a quality rangerfinder, with good glass available, portability without being restricted by lack of manual features. something like these fujis, idealy with a meter included.

Any suggestions?
    Have you looked at a Fuji GF670?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I have not, I will look, if you care to explain, upsides and or downsides, I would be appreciative.
    Again, things to look out for are always helpful.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    So, yeah, just had a good look and read a little about it.

Now I just got to find a black market consumer to purchase my spare kidney so I can get one. If I hadn't recently bought a summilux 1.4 35mm for my M7 I would be all over this, but if anybody has one that for some crazy reason wants to get rid of it, I might be interested, If I manage to sell my old Leica model IId/35mm Elmar f3.5 for a good price, I will definitely invest.

Im assuming this is essentially the same lens that is on the GW690? Well anyway, the camera looks very pretty, and compact.
    I would very much like to have a play with one to see what it is like. I also love fold cameras and bellows.

Thanks for opening my eyes.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin