Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,537   Posts: 1,544,270   Online: 774

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Mamiya RZ67pro ii Help

Hi Guys

I have recently gone ahead a bought a mamiya rz67 proii. I usually shoot 35mm... My experiences with medium format are limited to using the pentax 67 a handful of times.

I genuinely feeling little lost as I have no experience with the mamiya systems.. I have download and read the manual for the mamiya RZ67. And I think I have come to term with the basic functions. The problem is initially when I received the camera I was confused as the when cocked the lever and pressed the shutter the shutter did not go off. So I went ahead and loaded a roll of film thinking maybe the shutter only goes off if the film is loaded. This is not the case. The film has been advanced to 1 but when i click the shutter nothing happens I dont hear the shutter going off..

Is there something very basic I'm missing out? Could someone be kind enough to advise me on where Im going wrong. Would appreciate it immensely.

Thank you

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There is a round rim around the shutter button. That LOCkS the shutter button. What position is it in? Also, you must remove the darkslide from the back. Did you do that?
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi, the shutter button's white dot is parallel to the white line. And yes the dark slide is removed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just a heads up, the shutter will NOT fire if there is not film in the camera unless the switch on the side of the camera is set to the 'M' position.

As far as your predicament, the camera does not fire when the shutter release button is FULLY pressed? If so my guess would be a dead battery.

Try flipping the switch on the side of the camera (the side with the cocking lever) to 'M' and let us know if it fires then.

Good luck!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Also make sure on the cable release located on the lens, you do not see a red ring at the base of the release mount.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    When you look in the waist level finder and you press the button, are there any lights that go on?

When is the last time that the battery has been changed?

Thinking back to when I first purchased my RZ67 I can recall a time when my shutter wouldn't fire and it turned out I had not tightened the lens to the body hard enough. I was afraid of applying to much force to the tightening ring and was being too delicate when attaching the lens. You could be having the same issue.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by tron_ View Post
    Just a heads up, the shutter will NOT fire if there is not film in the camera unless the switch on the side of the camera is set to the 'M' position.

As far as your predicament, the camera does not fire when the shutter release button is FULLY pressed? If so my guess would be a dead battery.

Try flipping the switch on the side of the camera (the side with the cocking lever) to 'M' and let us know if it fires then.

Good luck!
    Hi .. Thank you.. Yup Ive just checked the cable release, theres no red ring. I also just tried switching it to M and tried to fire it, and nothing. Yes shutter button is fully pressed. I'm not sure about the dead battery I did just take it out and put it back in :\\, I dont have a extra one at hand but I'll buy one tomorrow and change the battery and see if that makes a difference. Thank you again

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by arealitystudios View Post
    When you look in the waist level finder and you press the button, are there any lights that go on?

When is the last time that the battery has been changed?

Thinking back to when I first purchased my RZ67 I can recall a time when my shutter wouldn't fire and it turned out I had not tightened the lens to the body hard enough. I was afraid of applying to much force to the tightening ring and was being too delicate when attaching the lens. You could be having the same issue.
    Hi
    Nope no lights come on, I did just fiddle with the battery. :\\

I have no idea when it was last changed, I literally just bought it from ebay.

I just tried the lens, took it off and popped it back on... And nothing still. Im feeling exactly the same.. I'm being delicate and extra careful with it..

Thank you for posting

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No problem, at all! Sorry my suggestions didn't work, arealitystudios brings up a couple good points as well regarding if there are any lights on when you depress the shutter release button. Edit: just saw your reply saying there are no lights on

I would also try taking the lens and film back off and try to fire the camera on multi-exposure mode (lever flipped to 'M'). This might help narrow down the issue to the body. If it works without a lens or back, then it obviously is the lens or back causing the problem

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yeah, I'm going to echo the suggestion above - switch the lever on the side of the camera to the "M" position and try firing the camera without the back, then try it without then lens, then both. If it doesn't fire with both attached the problem is your body.

If that ends up being the case I'm willing to bet you have a dead battery. If that doesn't fix your problem pay close attention to the locking ring around the shutter release. I know that can be a bit touchy and the white markings have to be aligned (which I know you mentioned they are).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin