Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,227   Posts: 1,532,691   Online: 747

Thread: Versatility

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Versatility

Am downsizing but still want to shoot MF especially for closeups so right now it is a toss up between the RZ67 and the C330. Any opinions as to which would perform better for closeup work?
    No escaping it!
    I must step on fallen leaves
    to take this path

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I used a C33 for close-up work in nthe late 197-'s early 80's and while it can be done it's far from ideal. The RB67 would be ideal, far better suited for close-up work.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The C330 requires an accessory known as a paramender for close-up work. The paramender goes between your tripod and the camera, and is used to raise the camera by an amount equal to the distance between the taking and viewing lenses. You compose and focus with the paramender set in one position, and then adjust the paramender to make the exposure.

The system actually works quite well, but it isn't as ideal as an RB67.

By the way, the paramender came in a few different versions. If you have a paramender 3 (like I do) you are best off, but the paramender 2 works well too.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you are using it only for closeup work, I'd recommend any of the SLR's over a TLR since you won't need any extra accessories for composition.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Mamiya C330 is the way to go in my opinion. I just finished a series of Orchid close ups and wit the 65mm Black lens I was able to get to within about 9-10 inched of the petals. The prints came out excellent with super detail.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have both an RB67 and a C220. I even have the paramender for the TLR. However, since getting the RB, I can't imagine ever needing the paramender again.
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://www.behance.net/silverdarkroom
    http://silverdarkroom.wordpress.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The bellows focusing on the RB/RZ is really great for close-up work and like the posters above stated, you don't need the paramender

Shooter
    Large Format
    I used to own an RZ and there are a couple extension tubes available for it if you really want to get close.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I believe in compromise. An RB/RZ 67 and a paramender.
    Where ever you are, there you be.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin