Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,650   Online: 683

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

wise investment ?

Hi,
    I own a Rolleiflex sl66se and love the Tilt function so would it be a wise investment to buy a 'similar' piece of equipment for my Mamiya 67RZ pro ii; the tilt shift adapter? I have a 180mm SB with auto spacer and a 50, 110 and 250mm can I use those lenses on the T+S too ?
    thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Haha I dont think anything photo related is a wise investment, its all a money pit! That being said, have you looked into the Fuji Gx680 series? They offer lots of movement. Probably not what you would want to carry around though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That would be a great investment strategy if you goal was to decrease the value of your investment! Newt nailed it in post #2.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ...and a 50, 110 and 250mm can I use those lenses on the T+S too ?
    Sure, but remember, with the tilt-shift adapter, there's no infinity focus with any other lenses
    except the 180mm SB, and 75mm SB.

Marc

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gna, gna ! But remember: "apple once was fruit of the poor and Fyffes....?" ok that being said; Fuji would be the 3rd system and there are 'limits' as my dear wife says Newt nailed it in post #2. this I don't understand and second "Infinity" ? I like to use this apperatus for portait and still-life; so this thing will work with those lenses for this purpose ? greetings and thanks for your answers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Of course it's a wise investment if it's something you need and can afford and you pay a decent price for it.

Of course it's a poor investment if you don't need it or you can't afford it or you pay an inflated price.

I'm being a little bit flip, but unless you're asking if the value of the Mamiya tilt/shift adapter is likely to rise or fall or remain steady, the wisdom of buying it really depends on the utility to derive from it.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "mgb74" missed your answer by seconds; Q. maybe poorly put, but is this thing doing the same as my Rollie ? It's not about money or need but all feeling and utility ofcourse Don't see many pictures related to this item.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by k.hendrik View Post
    But remember: "apple once was fruit of the poor and Fyffes....?"
    During the 19th century in New England lobster was considered poor man's food. Lobster and boiled potatoes were typically a meal for the poor.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Measure the length of the spacer you currently use with the 180 SB lens, and then rack out your bellows that far with some other lens on the camera. Look in the viewfinder - that is the furthest away that you will be able to focus that lens with the TS adapter. You're also likely to get vignetting if you use a lot of movement.

I reckon it would go great with the 140 M-LA and actually shooting macro but for other lenses, forget it. You'll be focusing only quite closely, especially so with the shorter lenses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    Measure the length of the spacer you currently use with the 180 SB lens, and then rack out your bellows that far with some other lens on the camera. Look in the viewfinder - that is the furthest away that you will be able to focus that lens with the TS adapter. You're also likely to get vignetting if you use a lot of movement.

I reckon it would go great with the 140 M-LA and actually shooting macro but for other lenses, forget it. You'll be focusing only quite closely, especially so with the shorter lenses.
    Thanks; so next to the TS adapter I need a 140 for macro, which I don't do I want this thing for portrait; and/or the 75 SB?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin