Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,962   Posts: 1,523,139   Online: 984

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    35mm
    That would make it, once again, bigger than an M3. The Bessa isn't a rangefinder, so it's totally moot as a counterexample. Horseshoes and hand grenades.

My statement stands: a 120 rangefinder almost certainly can't be smaller than an M3. The claim that someone switched from an M3 to a 120 rangefinder because it was smaller is delusional and potentially way confusing to people reading this thread in a year or five or ten.

I own and use both, I've got no horse in this race except the containment of misinformation.
    The camera is the most incidental element of photography.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Im thinking of selling my Leica M6 TTL and my Hasselblad 500cm for a mamiya 7ii. I just cant seem to let go of the leica although I dont shoot much 35mm at all.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I sold off my Leica M4-2 a couple of years ago to invest in a digital system for work. I had always regretted doing so, until I picked up my Mamiya 7. It is such a joy to use, is simple, fast, and the picture quality crushes my M4-2 with a summicron 50mm f/2.

The only thing I don't get anymore is the occasional jealous looks from folks when I had my Leica- the Mamiya doesn't get those same stares, which is probably a good thing.

Don't get me wrong- the Leica was and is a great camera. but for less than the price of a Leica lens, you can pick up a whole Mamiya system that outshoots it.

I do miss shooting with the Leica, as it has a great feel, but I am super content with the Mamiya decision, and don't miss anything else about it.
    www.kentchamness.com

Great things are not accomplished by those who yield to trends and fads and popular opinion. - Jack Kerouac

Mamiya 7, Mamiya 645af, Nikon F3, Minolta XD-11, Nikon D600

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin