Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,346   Online: 782

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Large Format
    I was looking for something like you a few years ago, as I had sold my SWC, so I made myself a 6x9 Wide on a rainy Sunday, by repurposing a 58mm Omegon and a Mamiya 6x9 back. Lighter than the SWC, 1/10 the cost, 50% more real estate film-wise, focusses to 36cm (±1:7), ~ same width of field....superb image quality....I'm pretty stoked: I called it "Purple Haze V".

Shooter
    Medium Format

"There all good."

Decades ago, someone said that to me, regarding mainline camera equipment. Mostly true. I remember about 15 years ago, looking at some stuff that came back from the lab. I told myself, "this stuff does not look good." I had owned most of the big boys; 500 elm, cm. SL66, Pentax 6x7, Rollei twin lens, and numerous 35's. "There all good". And then, years ago, it was like passing through a portal. The personal stuff began to get very good! Today, I use, (mainly), a 1963 Linhof Technika 70 three lens outfit. 50 years old. On occasion, someone will tell me that they are surprised that a camera that old can take pictures like that. Yes, we have to go through the process of testing models, for the right fit. But I have found that the greatest challenge is between the ears, and not in front of the eyes. By the way, who are your image making heroes? A lot of exemplars out there! Mine? Mostly silent movie directors, (Josef von Sternberg, F.W. Murnau, D.W. Griffith). Derry Moore is my favorite living photographer. Ah, but it's a big pool to choose from; guides to lead to your style. All the best!

Shooter
    Multi Format

DIY 6x9 Grandagon 45mm

as i wanted to get wider than my 6x7 with a Schneider SA5.6/47, i got a lovely Grandagon 4.5/45 and attached it to a SuperRollex 6x9 from Linhof
    -> affordable & quality is beyond reproach
    time is barking mad since digital age ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by triton76 View Post
    as i wanted to get wider than my 6x7 with a Schneider SA5.6/47, i got a lovely Grandagon 4.5/45 and attached it to a SuperRollex 6x9 from Linhof
    -> affordable & quality is beyond reproach
    time is barking mad since digital age ...
    Eh? Wot? The 47 SA covers 6x9, a 45 Apo Grandagon sees only 2.5 degrees wider on 6x9 than a 47 does. FWIW, I have a 47/5.6 SA and a 45/9 CZJ Goerz Dagor. And I shoot 2x3 (same thing as 6x9). The difference in angle of view between the two isn't worth the cost of a second lens.

Affordable? Apo Grandagons? I wish I were as rich as you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Fromm View Post
    Eh? Wot? The 47 SA covers 6x9, a 45 Apo Grandagon sees only 2.5 degrees wider on 6x9 than a 47 does. FWIW, I have a 47/5.6 SA and a 45/9 CZJ Goerz Dagor. And I shoot 2x3 (same thing as 6x9). The difference in angle of view between the two isn't worth the cost of a second lens.

Affordable? Apo Grandagons? I wish I were as rich as you.
    rich? sold one of two selfmade bodies with SA47 for 100€ more than i had to spend on my Grandagon - increase of angle is caused by 20mm wider sensor ;o)

the old one:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MFS_top2.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	34.4 KB 
ID:	96580

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The Super-Takumar 1:3.5/55mm will cover the Graflex RH_8 field (57.4 by 77.7 mm) on the Speed 4x5
    https://app.box.com/s/0bxuuay34u70dswizufs

That lens was for the native Pentax 6x7 format (55 by 70mm)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P6X7_55mmLensBd.jpg  

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin