Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,097   Posts: 1,636,155   Online: 1175

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I don't have the 40 but I do have the 50 fle and its a performer. I have not learned how to shoot wide lenses yet. Ive shot normal lenses for 10 years with no wide or long lenses in the lineup. I find every time i shoot them I don't get in close enough.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have it and use it ;surprising difference to the 50mm.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ........so no replies RE the filters?
    "I'm the freak that shoots film. God bless the freaks!" ~ Mainecoonmaniac ~

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    ........so no replies RE the filters?

If it were me and I normally used a tripod, I would get a pro shade and run square filters.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PKM-25 View Post
    What are my options, thread sizes, etc?
    This lens needs filter 93. An other possibiliy is the use of a variable lens shade that holds square filters. The newest Hasselblad type Proshade 6093 T takes 100 mm x 100 mm. To fix the hood at the lens, you need a special adapter. But there are similar other lens shades from Hasselblad or other manufacturers.

PS: There is nothing wrong to use this combination handhold, althoug it isn´t very compact.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like the 40, but the price, size and weight difference compared to the 50, pushed me to the 50.
    I like WIDE lenses, so maybe one day I might get a 40 or SWC.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What about the use of a 93mm to 95mm step up ring?
    There is a lot more of the latter in terms of filter selection...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Big difference between 50 and 40 for Hasselblad. Like the difference between 28 and 20, for 135 cameras.
    My blog / photo website: http://frankfoto.jimdo.com/

Openly biased and unabashedly
    pro film and wet darkroom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Alright, I got my 40mm FLE in EX+ condition, it’s like new of course, not a mark to be found, speeds are all on. It’s a really nice lens, quite the engineering piece and not as big and heavy as I was bracing for.

So the front, it unscrews leaving just the small built in shade petals and 85-86mm-ish of threads, obviously allowing for the cap when it is on. The thinner front ring also unscrews revealing what is supposed to be the 93mm filter threads but I took my digital calipers and it measured at 95.4mm?

I have located a Hasselblad 93 to 95mm adapter ring and there are lots of filters out there in this size, not too badly priced either, so I want to go that route. I also poked around my gear closet and I indeed have a 6093T shade, the only adapter ring I could find is the 40746 Proshade adapter, is this correct?

This lens is pretty impressive thus far, but the front end of it is complex, I would like to know what all the options are…
    Last edited by PKM-25; 02-12-2014 at 11:37 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I went ahead and ordered the adapter ring, 6093T adapter, 95mm B+W red 25, and a 95mm 720nm IR filter. If for some reason the filters and adapter ring do not work, I can just return them and use 4x4 filters except the IR, likely get a Lee 4x4 Big Stopper after tax time.

I took the shade / filter holder off and set the 40 FLE next to the 50 FLE and man, the 40 is only a little bit bigger than the 50 when it really comes down to it, a pleasant surprise.

Other than finding a screaming deal on a 350mm 5.6 CF, my Hassy kit is super-complete.
    Last edited by PKM-25; 02-13-2014 at 01:50 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin