Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,971   Posts: 1,558,612   Online: 1078

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm a regular ETRSi user, and I love my 50 MC. I do use a spot meter a lot, but I have the AEII prism and it meters perfectly.

Shooter
    35mm
    I too have an AEII prism but also work a lot with light and shadow going for details in high light areas while letting shadows drop into darkness and an incident meter helps a lot with that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzan View Post
    To complete my kit I want a good hand held meter that uses modern batteries which rules out the Gossen Luna Pro, which was a stand by from the old days. A waist level and a wide angle lens, maybe another back or two.
    The Luna Pro SBC and Luna Lux both use 9v batteries, though I wouldn't recommend the Luna Lux.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillip P. Dimor View Post
    From what i've read, there is little difference between the MC and PE lenses aside from physical things (rubber vs. metal, etc.) I had a hasselblad 503cx and sold it for a etrsi kit, and after having gotten completely used to the victor h. way of things I am completely screwed.

There are multiple differences between MC and PE glass. If given a reasonable price go for PE. It is newer has half stop detentes and upgraded lens design. I believe the MC glass is the oldest. There is EII glass and PE glass. I may be missing some iterations. I am just mentioning what is currently rolling around in my camera bag. Besides the half stop settings some I've read there is no noticeable difference in prints between PE glass and EII glass in some focal lengths. There is definitely a difference between a 150mm PE and a 150mm 3.5 MC.

ETRS lenses have gotten so cheap recently I would go for the newest models. The reason is they are less likely to need servicing. Servicing an ETRS lens now is not a great idea because it costs more to service than just buying a new one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use the Luna Pro SBC with my Bronica. I have an unmetered prism and the SBC has done me well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin