Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,896   Posts: 1,521,005   Online: 790

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Putting together a Bronica ETRS Kit

I decided recently that I wanted a medium format kit. Hasselblad was a little too rich for my retired income stream and I never really liked the Mamiya 645 never had the level of appeal for me that a camera with an interchangeable back did. Yes I know they also made a body with an interchangeable back.

But also the Bronica seemed to be cheaper to get into.

So far I have a body, two backs and two lenses a 75 and 150 as well as one of the speed grips.

All for less than 300 US$.

I'm looking for either a 40mm or 50mm lens for the wide end. Seems like a really good buy.

Shooter
    Large Format
    My first medium format camera was a used ETRSi with 75mm lens. They are great cameras and a real bargain nowadays.

I hope you enjoy your ETRS!

Shooter
    35mm
    My first was a Mamiya C33 followed by a Rollei and then a Yashica 124G. I had a Mamiya 645 for a few months and played with a Hasselblad wide fro a while.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have the SQ-A with a 60 and 80mm, I mainly use the 80mm but would like to have a 150mm. I enjoy my TLR's more, Yashica A and Rolleicord III, so much lighter to carry.

David
    “In the end, it's not going to matter how many breaths you took,
    but how many moments took your breath away.”
    ― Shing Xiong

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i've been wanting the ETRS system also. I shoot the RB67 cameras and also the twin lens yashica's. RB is getting heaver each time I take it out with a couple of lenses.
    I would like to know the difference between the MC, Ell, and the PE lenses though.

Richard

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    i've been wanting the ETRS system also. I shoot the RB67 cameras and also the twin lens yashica's. RB is getting heaver each time I take it out with a couple of lenses.
    I would like to know the difference between the MC, Ell, and the PE lenses though.

Richard
    The MC's were the first lenses made for the ETR system followed by The Ell and then the PE.

There is a lot of argument on the internet about the quality of the lenses. Some claim the PE's are the best and some say they aren't any better than the MC's. Anyway, the PE's are the newest and the most expensive.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Alan
    Without starting an argument over them, I figured there wasn't much difference between any. It would be a matter of how much use they have had.
    Thanks
    Richard

Shooter
    35mm
    The MC is the earliest followed by the EII and the PE. The PE supposedly has half stops. The 75MC should be avoided as should the 150 F4 EII The 150 F3.5 MC is supposed to be very good. I lucked into the 75 PE and 150 3.5 MC combo with zero research other than price to buy it now on e-Bay.

To complete my kit I want a good hand held meter that uses modern batteries which rules out the Gossen Luna Pro, which was a stand by from the old days. A waist level and a wide angle lens, maybe another back or two.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a ETRSi kit which I'm very happy with. My lens are the 60, 100, and 150. They are all PE lens so can't compare with the older lens , but all 3 lens take tack sharp photos. I print 11 x 14 so I need a good sharp image , and am very pleased with the quality of prints I've gotten.

Have fun and shoot lots of film, its a great camera !!!

Shooter
    Large Format
    From what i've read, there is little difference between the MC and PE lenses aside from physical things (rubber vs. metal, etc.) I had a hasselblad 503cx and sold it for a etrsi kit, and after having gotten completely used to the victor h. way of things I am completely screwed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin