Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,695   Posts: 1,549,057   Online: 1025

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

RB67 How much lens is too much lens

I am doing some macro photography with my RB67 and wonder if there is any problem connecting both the #1 and #2 extension tubes along with a 180mm lens on the front of the camera... this seems like a whole lot of weight. Could I put a 100-200mm on the front of the extension tubes? how much weight on the front of the camera is too much weight?
    * Just because your eyes are closed, doesn't mean the lights in the darkroom are off. *
    * When the film you put in the camera is worth more than the camera you put the film in... *
    * When I started using 8x10, it amazed me how many shots were close to the car. *

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The camera more than likely wil not be a problem.. it;s your tripod that will have issues with so much front weight.

You can take off the load using a support under the lens.. that will also make you feel better about the lens mount.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As far as I know, 100-200 ZOOM (even by itself) must use the support bracket, or else you risk bending the rack and pinion mechanism.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    The 100-200 comes with the bracket, but the physics of the movement lever of a 180mm on the front of both extension tubes is much greater than the 100-200 without tubes-- I just wonder if there is a known point where I need to be careful of bending something. I guarantee it won't be an issue for my tripod.
    * Just because your eyes are closed, doesn't mean the lights in the darkroom are off. *
    * When the film you put in the camera is worth more than the camera you put the film in... *
    * When I started using 8x10, it amazed me how many shots were close to the car. *

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin