Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,517   Posts: 1,572,178   Online: 1056

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

batteries for F3

Where does one get batteries for a Nikon F3? My Kodak S76 silver oxide batteries are always shot, and all I could find on the web was a 3volt lithium said to work in the F3(amazon). Thanks, Chip
    Last edited by chip j; 06-10-2013 at 08:31 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They are still available at camera shops and most drug stores, like Walgreens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The 3v lithium is fine. The camera is designed for either a single 3v Lithium or two 1.5v cells.
    My preference is the 3v since it's one less cell to worry about.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by chip j View Post
    Where does one get batteries for a Nikon F3? My Kodak S76 silver oxide batteries are always shot, and all I could find on the web was a 3volt lithium said to work in the F3(amazon). Thanks, Chip
    Either type of batteries are fine but with either they should last at least a year. If you have short life may be there is something wrong with your camera. The lock around the shutter release only prevents the camera to turn on but not turning it off.

Shooter
    35mm
    Digikey and Mouser sell 357/SR44 silver oxide cells. I suggest you avoid the off-brand ones from China, as they are likely to be lower capacity and will probably leak. Go with Varta, Energizer, Sony or the like.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I find them almost everywhere around where I live. Walgreens, Kmart, WalMart, CVS, Dollar Tree. I've stopped using these and just put AA's in a motor drive most times. That makes it easier for me to store the camera without forgetting to take the batteries out.
    ------------------------------------------------------------
    Art

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ditto

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you all, esp. you Peter; I will go to the Digikey site.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The Varta CR 1/3N is what my F3HP, both of my F2AS bodies, and my FM2n all have in them. Lasts almost forever. In the motor drives, Energizer Ultimate Lithiums.

-J
    APUG: F2AS x2, F, FM2n, Nikomat FTn, FT2
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2.8 AI, 50/2 AI, 50/2 K, 50/1.4 AI, 55/3.5 Micro PC, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K, 105/2.5 K, 135/3.5 QC

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The best is to get 2x 1.5V LR44 batteries. They are ubiquitous, and used in toys, consumer electronics like thermometers, stop watches, scales etc. Our local chinese dealers carry all the sizes of button cells.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin