Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,830   Online: 950

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The kit sounds like a decent deal, there are enough redundant pieces in there that you could part out a fair amount and lower the net cost significantly or finish out the kit to suit your needs better. But, its only a deal if if it fits your needs.

I enjoy my RB but it doesn't suit all my needs so The questions I have for you are "will the RB suit your shooting style or would say a TLR or Speed-Graphic fit you better", and "is it a style that you really want to explore?".

As to selling the Nikon kit to finance it, tough call.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Have you got it yet?

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just one small step towards ULF.
    As Mark B says, there is a fair bit of redundant kit there, but for the price, it is pretty attractive.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    are you selling anything you already have to make room for this 2 camera kit?

a few months ago i might have joined in with the "go for it" cheer but ..
    there isn't much difference between your 35mm kit/s and the mf kit/s you already have
    and this. don't bother with it, save your money and get something larger-format
    AMD PORTABLE. no point in loading up on MF or 35mm
    ask me how ..

Shooter
    Medium Format
    $450 BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY.. good price n a great camera. If anything you can recoup the money by selling the parts separately.

If you don't buy it let me have it?

BTW keep teh Nikon.. it;ll look great in the display case in the living room!
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That 50mm lens alone goes for $250-350 on KEH! Get the kit now and ask questions later. Heck, use it for a while, and if its too much, sell it here to make all of your money back plus some.

Unless the bellows have holes in them, all of the shutters are completely worn out, the backs have light leaks and the lenses have fungus, that kit is worth well over $1000.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Go for it.

If you miss the portability, sell the extra body, extra Polaroid back, and extra finders (since you can swap backs you don't need multiple bodies like you do with 35mm) and put the proceeds toward some additional 35mm for portability or, if you prefer, a more portable easier to hand hold MF like a basic 645 or a 6x6 TLR or something.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Without knowing how it has come as an offer to you, whether thru a friend or a find, I would be remiss if I didn't take a more cautious tone. Overall there were two reasons I got rid of my Pro-S. One, it was a very bulky package and just didn't ft my shooting style and usual output, and 2, no metered prism. At least make sure your not getting yourself into a big CLA expense. If the kit is all that good someone could have sold it by piece on Ebay and made 3x the money or more, so I wonder how it came as an offer to you. Hopefully it is thru a friend who's retiring and wishes to bless you. At least check it all out first in hand. It's almost one of those too good to believe deals which can lead us down paths not necessarily based on logical thinking. Ones that I wish I had walked away from more then once. If you've been hankering for a MF camera tho it is very capable of great images. Just realize it's usually better on a solid tripod then as a (approx with lens) 6lb weight on a shoulder strap for a walkabout without taking anything else. In reference, the 4x5 kit I had would weight less then half what your offer is at and I was able to individualize the processing.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Ignore all these people and stay away from this purchase..Who is selling it?....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by eclarke View Post
    Ignore all these people and stay away from this purchase..Who is selling it?....

The above is a good point though.

My Mamiya 645 kit is far lighter and easier hand held than an RB and the bag with the camera, several backs, three lenses etc. still weighs quite a bit more than my 4x5 backpack with my Tech III (not an especially light field camera,) BTZS hood, spot meter, filters, three lenses, six film holders etc.

The RB is a serious cinder block of a camera, though not so much so as the RZ. IF one wants to shoot mainly handheld...buy it anyway and part it out, buy something more suitable with the proceeds! (Assuming it's all in good shape, of course.)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin