Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,564   Posts: 1,545,304   Online: 823

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    good deal... get it. I have just upgraded to multiple Rb67 bodies and it just make a ton of options available.
    * Just because your eyes are closed, doesn't mean the lights in the darkroom are off. *
    * When the film you put in the camera is worth more than the camera you put the film in... *
    * When I started using 8x10, it amazed me how many shots were close to the car. *

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamingartemis View Post
    Easy, ask your wife
    Yeah that money would be much better spent on new paint and window treatments for the living room.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hurry up and buy it before the person selling it changes his mind.
    Easy, ask your wife.
    At this low price, are we sure this isn't a sale by a vengeful or disgruntled wife?

Marc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yeah it is a heavy camera buit that doesn't mean it can't be hand held.. I do it all the time for street n other shoots.

non metered is a problem???? REALLY???? Metered prisms are never reliable nort accurate.. get a hand held meter!

Yes if it is a shot camera.. I mean can't be fixed.. then walk away. But if a CLA is all she needs n probably does.. GO FOR IT!

Many of these old pro cameras have been abandoned so now that they are turning up in the hands of amature cheap skates.... a CLA is not a death sentence!

Old taxi cabes ran for 500,000 miles. why? they got regualr maintenance whether it needed or not.. same is true for these cameras.. they go on till someone kills em with neglect.

I'll take it if the CLA is the worst part of the deal.

FUNGUS IS A DEAL BREAKER!
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    oops

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Do not do it, send me the sellers information, I will lift the load off your shoulders. Or just do it.

David
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Shooter
    Medium Format
    hahahahahaa yeah I'll come help you carry it all too!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    You'd have to be nuts not to be in your car on the way to pick up that system now. If you sell the spare body and factor in the cost of the film--the system is close to free.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ron View Post
    Yeah it is a heavy camera buit that doesn't mean it can't be hand held.. I do it all the time for street n other shoots.
    Yes. Put a left hand grip on it and I can carry it around all day.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ron View Post

non metered is a problem???? REALLY???? Metered prisms are never reliable nort accurate.. get a hand held meter!

Yes if it is a shot camera.. I mean can't be fixed.. then walk away. But if a CLA is all she needs n probably does.. GO FOR IT!

Many of these old pro cameras have been abandoned so now that they are turning up in the hands of amature cheap skates.... a CLA is not a death sentence!

Old taxi cabes ran for 500,000 miles. why? they got regualr maintenance whether it needed or not.. same is true for these cameras.. they go on till someone kills em with neglect.

I'll take it if the CLA is the worst part of the deal.

FUNGUS IS A DEAL BREAKER!
    Sure it can be hand held. So can a refrigerator. Doesn't mean I want to do it. Sure it's workable for a while but if you MAINLY shoot handheld I at least would be happier with a smaller, lighter camera.

Metered prisms are never accurate? Nonsense. The AE Prism for my Mamiya 645 is as accurate as any of those in my 35mm cameras. Unless you were talking specifically about the ones for the RB? I can't speak to that.

I agree that old mechanical cameras last a long time and the price of a CLA wouldn't be a deal breaker for such an otherwise great deal though.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin