Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,760   Posts: 1,516,061   Online: 831

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I have a complete outfit and assorted lenses. One word: heavy. After a day hand held, my arms were about to drop off. But at that price, I would still buy it! Talk about bang for your buck!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by j-dogg View Post
    To talk me out of the following:

2x RB67 Pro S
    50mm 4.5
    90mm f3.8
    180 f4.5
    2x Polaroid backs
    2x 220 and 120 backs
    2x metered finders
    2x WLF and a macro finder
    30-50 refrigerator-kept rolls of 120 and 220 slide, BW and color

all for 450

I would be abandoning 35mm save for a compact Nikon prime, an EOS body and a Soviet rangefinder, and could probably pay for the entire thing by selling my Nikon kit which is all fast primes

...and go
    Buy them now! You deserve them. You worked all you adult life to get things that other thought that they needed or wanted. Now is your turn to have what you want. When you take to $450 and divide it you the remaining days in your life, the cost is nothing.

The only thing that is important is that if you want it, will use in and enjoy it, then by all means you should have it.

I told my girlfriend about your situation and she said "What is he waiting for?"

If you wife disagrees, do not renew your contract with her. Just replace her with a newer model with lower mileage and less maintenance. You need to start enjoying the rest of your life!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Buy them now! You deserve them. You worked all you adult life to get things that other thought that they needed or wanted. Now is your turn to have what you want. When you take to $450 and divide it you the remaining days in your life, the cost is nothing.

The only thing that is important is that if you want it, will use in and enjoy it, then by all means you should have it.

I told my girlfriend about your situation and she said "What is he waiting for?"

If you wife disagrees, do not renew your contract with her. Just replace her with a newer model with lower mileage and less maintenance. You need to start enjoying the rest of your life!
    Really? Are you Sirius?

I figured you would recommend putting the money towards a Hasselblad.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not every one wants a Hasselblad. Since you want an RB 67 Pro S, you should get it.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Not every one wants a Hasselblad. Since you want an RB 67 Pro S, you should get it.
    I'm just kidding with you! I know how well you like Hasselblads.

I'm not the OP and I own a Hasselblad 500cm.

I have never owned an RB but used to shoot an RZ with 3 lenses. I loved the camera but I have a bad back and the Blad is a lot easier for me to carry around. If I'm setting up a tripod then I prefer large format.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don't do it if it doesn't fit with what you like to shoot.

If the equipment is in good shape, it is a good price. If you can buy this and determine whether it suits your needs before you sell your Nikon stuff, then it is a good idea.

There, I tried .
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    OK time is up..4 pages in one day imagine how big this will get in two weeks?.... get it yet?

$450 is a bargain even if I only get the shutters of the fungus eatten lenses n parts off the shattered mangled bodies.
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you wife disagrees, do not renew your contract with her. Just replace her with a newer model with lower mileage and less maintenance.
    Don't even think about that; this would be really throwing money away! Best thing to do is let your wife getting a CLA whilst you are shooting the RB, both happy

proud owner (with long arms)of a understanding wife and a RZ !
    Last edited by k.hendrik; 06-12-2013 at 05:42 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    While I find it acceptable to ask others their opinion as to how good certain gear is, and knowing full well the condition of actual items depend on previous use, I never understand how anyone can ask others to give permission to purchase. Why?? Do you need to blame others if it doesn't work out for you? Are you fearful of taking any responsibility for your actions? Man up! look at all the angles, then make an informed decision. Then take ownership of the results.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The RB67 is a huge, bulky and difficult to use camera and there's a very good reason this package is so cheap. Your photos will be no better than what you currently get with your Nikon. Almost all that film will be severely fogged.

There. Did I talk you out of it? :-)
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin