Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,572   Posts: 1,545,652   Online: 974

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Trip to Scotland an Iceland, Lenses?!

hello my friends, i plan this year trips to iceland an scotland.
    actually i use only the 80mm planar cfi on my hasselblad 501cm.

for landscape photography like kenna, hoflehner does:
    would you go for the 180mm or the 250mm?
    for wide angle the 50mm or the 60mm?

thx michael

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a Bronica 6x6 and use the 50mm and 150mm lenses. I use them both for landscape work here in Scotland. I don't have the 80mm, but my Rolleicord has a 75mm which I find to be of less use for landscape shots. I hope you enjoy your trip. Alex

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I will lend you my 50 and 250 if you take me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    hoflehner uses a digital back so make sure you pick up one of those as well.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Medium Format
    thx, for your reply.
    actually i will also take my 5dii with me... :-)

my question targets more (hope this is the correct spelling :-) ) on the quality and usability of those lenses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fortunately all the Hasselblad lenses are great. I take a 50, 80, 150 and 250mm lenses when I travel. The 250 could be left behind, but you should have a 50 and 150 for sure.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Depending on where and how I am to travel and what I expect to photograph determines the equipment I will bring. For Iceland and Scotland I would bring my 50FLE, 150, 2x and a couple of extension tubes along with two bodies, a light meter, some filters and a tripod. Don't forget plenty of film.

http://www.jeffreyglasser.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I, too, am going to Iceland in September. Another local photographer who has been there suggested that I would want the widest lens I could take. I am going to be shooting 35mm for the most part (But will also have a 645 Fuji with a fixed 60mm.) I have a 28mm, which is approximately equivalent to your 50mm for the Hassie. I'm still undecided about getting either a 24mm or a 20mm, both of which are available for my Minolta AF. But, I digress ...

More to the point, I also shoot an RB67 (NOT going to Iceland due to weight!) For the RB, I have both the 55mm and the 65mm. If I had to choose only one of the two, my personal choice would be to take the 55mm, if for no other reason than it is farther from the "normal" 90mm.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Be sure to try the Puffin. They taste great.

Shooter
    35mm
    You should check out the work of Thomas Joshua Cooper, if you are not already familiar with him. He has made landscape images in both Scotland and Iceland. His pictures are black and white landscapes made, I believe, with large format cameras. Alex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin