Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,492   Posts: 1,542,973   Online: 878

Thread: micro lens

mg3

Shooter
    Medium Format

micro lens

hello!
    i have a mamiya 6 (not six) and i really love it but due to it focus minimum distance, i can't photograph micro..
    this camera has 3 lenses and all of them has about the same minimum distance for focusing..
    i know that there are enlarger rings but i don't want to use them because of the quality dissent.
    the other two options i know of are extender rings and a different lens..
    so, my questions: i don't mind buying a good micro lens but i really don't know if there is one that will work with my mamiya (it's 58 mm) as far as the compatibility, do you know a lens that might work? it should be a completely analog lens, in good and upper quality.
    and i'm not sure, but my camera is a range finder.. if i use a lens that not within the standard lenses.. how will it affect my framing and focusing?
    and- what do you think i general? do you have a better solution for my closer photography?

thank you so much!

E76
    Shooter
    Instant Films
    Images
    I checked Mamiya's website and there is a closeup adapter for the Mamiya 7 80mm, which might be compatible with the 6. Either way, there is no way you're getting into macro territory (1:1 magnification or greater) with the camera. Rangefinders make poor cameras for closeup work due to parallax error and lack of extension tubes/macro lenses, among other things.

Shooter
    35mm
    Have you thought about adding something like the Marumi DHG 67mm 67 Macro 200 Achromat to the 150mm f/4.5? By my "back of the envelope" calculations, that ought to get you to about 0.9x.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mg3 View Post
    i have a mamiya 6 (not six) and i really love it but due to it focus minimum distance, i can't photograph micro..

do you have a better solution for my closer photography?
    An SLR with a macro lens, or an RB/RZ67 with almost any lens.

Quote Originally Posted by E76 View Post
    Rangefinders make poor cameras for closeup work due to parallax error and lack of extension tubes/macro lenses, among other things.
    That's it in a nutshell.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin