Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,540   Posts: 1,544,311   Online: 938

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FujifimGA645ZI

Shooter
    Multi Format

FujifimGA645ZI

They are offering this camera. It has Zomm 55-90, autofocus and Incorporated Flash. I would appreciate any coments on this camera fom anyone that has or has had one. Your estimate on the price would be appreciated too
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Some weeks ago I sold two of my five medium format cameras and bought the Fuji 45zi instead. I paid around 550€ for it, with a one year warranty.
    Normally I use a Rolleiflex 3,5F, which needs a kind of calmness when taking photos. But if I travel around with my wife, this is not always the case. I bought the Fuiji to be a traveling camera.
    What you get:
    - Everything works automatically (if you want)
    - autofocus is precise
    - For 900 grams you have a medium format camera with a zoom lens. A SLR with say two lenses counts at least 2 kg
    - The shutter does not induce vibration, so you dont' need a tripos in most cases
    - It is IR capable
    - The camera has even a flash which I don't use
    - The lens is sharp! It give around 90 lp/mm in the center and 50 lp/mm in the corner at 55 mm. Zooming in edge sharpness remains the same, but center sharpness reduces slightly. Using 90 mm I wish having slightly more sharpness (around 45 lp/mm both in the center end the corners)
    - The lens is sharp wide open. It is not necessary to stop down to get more sharpness.

If you have more questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    It's a very boring camera to use. I took mine to Iceland (along with a 5x4") a couple of years ago, and I felt more like a happy-snapper than a photographer. I feel far more satisfied with a TLR or rangefinder. I really didn't enjoy using it at all.

That said, I generally take it to family outings or just to have a camera with me (when it's not appropriate to have LF or anything else ponderous) because it IS auto, a decent sized negative, and even the flash is useful at a pinch.

The quality is very good - just be aware that the LCD display at the back is notorious for starting to fade mysteriously. Mine is starting to do this currently. The two 123 batteries last ages. The zoom range is 'nothing special'/'slightly handy'.

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've had one for years. First be aware that there is no rangefinder. If you don't want to use the auto focus the option is setting a guess focus distance. I use mine mostly on a tripod for landscape things when I don't want to carry a heavier camera outfit or it's too crowded to use a slower operating camera. You quickly get used to having the zoom lens which makes it hard to go back to a folder/TLR option for lightweight MF. I've only gone as large as 11x14 but the lens is very sharp. Also very good at the close focus point of 1m. I use the built in meter with no problems except in very low light. There you may have to open up to get a reading, figure out the exposure at the fstop you want to shoot at and expose using the B setting. If setting up on a tripod using a cable release you can't use any focus/exposure lock so you will need to use manual focus/exposure if the camera is pointing to the wrong part of the picture when setup on the tripod.

I have the common display problems. A couple digits missing now and then. So far easy enough to ignore.

I'd say check Ebay and KEH for price. These are getting older so you may have to be careful. Check the shot counter for hard use. I don't know about serial numbers vs age. Maybe someone has that data. I highly recommend the camera.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    KEH has several of them, their stuff is always excellent and you can send it back if it isn't what you expect.. The camera is excellent ( I'm a view cam ULF guy and still really like this).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I own one and rather love it.

In many ways it is a sort of "snapshot" camera. I think it works best when you just let the camera do all the thinking for you. In many ways it reminds me of a 35mm point and shoot one used to buy at say a department store, only its bigger. There is some manual control, but the camera was really designed to be used on auto for the most part.

I use mine quite often as a street shooter. It's kind of goofy looking and people tend to not pay attention to you. The lens is razor sharp for a zoom and I for one really like the fact that the viewfinder is oriented in a portrait frame when you hold the camera like normal. My only wish is that the lens were a tad faster (f/3.5 would be fine with me) but thankfully I seem to be able to hand hold it down to 1/15th of a second without problems.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fantastic camera. I truly loved mine and produced some fantastic images with it. They usually run in the $400-600 range dependent on condition and shutter count. As said before very sharp lens and you won't be disappointed in the camera. The only reason I let mine go was I don't shoot analog in the smaller formats anymore.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks very much guys. Very good and useful answers. Mine arrives tomorrow. Getting ready for it, bought 40 B&W rolls of 120 film. Thanks again.
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll add that I got an instruction book with mine and needed it. But it was my first auto focus/exposure camera so a more experience person may be able to figure things out. Which buttons to press and dials to turn etc. Not sure what is available on the web.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have both the GA645 and the Zi. I like both but the zoom range is quite limited and the slower lens is a detriment on the zi. Bought the zi out of curiosity but will likely keep my GA645 and sell off the zi. Some repair people report the electrical ribbon at the base of the back door as a weak point that frequently fails as the back is opened and closed many times over time. Once it goes that's it, no parts other than cannibalizing another.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin