Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,859   Posts: 1,583,127   Online: 864

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I had that happen a couple of times. Just re-scanned it. Should take care of that. Watch for Morie pattern too. I would concur with everyone. Just blow off Negs.

Todd

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Hi Djs - A discussion on how to dodge/burn/brightness/contrast/etc. using an enlarger is in scope for this forum; however, discussions re how to do such using a scanner and/or post processing software is out of scope of Apug. Though Apug's sister site DPUG.org, is a great place to post such questions re getting recovery of over exposure, etc. I mean this with most sincerity and hope this comes across as being guiding
    Andy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Absolutely, Andy! I've had only the most helpful responses on APUG. And I understand it's dedicated to analog. I got a bit carried away!

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by djs88 View Post
    Digital ICE did something really weird..

You can't use Digital ICE on B&W silver films; it only works with dye images. Dye images are transparent to the IR light used, while dust (and silver images aren't).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Pixel View Post
    You can't use Digital ICE on B&W silver films; it only works with dye images. Dye images are transparent to the IR light used, while dust (and silver images aren't).
    Thanks for tips with that! I'll make sure it's left off always.

Turns out I've not been careful enough handling some negs, I can see a fingerprint!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The most important reason for steering digital/hybrid questions to DPUG is for archival purposes. A month from now, somebody who wants answers to their scanning questions is likely to search the forums for information. Keeping the "D" questions in the "D" forum and the "A" questions in the "A" forum makes the search process easier.

Nothing wrong with a one-sentence answer but, beyond that, keep the ducks in a row.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    DJ, if you see spots on your negs you can also consider photographic emulsion cleaner spray paired with lint-free pads (pec pad).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I also have an Epson V500 and usually I will just wipe the scanner bed with an eyeglass cloth and blow the negatives off (careful not to spit on your negatives haha).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tron_ View Post
    I also have an Epson V500 and usually I will just wipe the scanner bed with an eyeglass cloth and blow the negatives off (careful not to spit on your negatives haha).
    Managed to spit on the scanner glass already today Glad im making all the mistakes now though and not in the future.

Thanks for everyones helpful responses. Amazed at how many people jump in to help here! Really cool

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    PecPads are like dust magnets. I use them before printing negs in the darkroom, before scanning negs, and I even use them to clean my sensor. Take two, keep them in a separate bag and use them over and over. Nothing grabs dust better than PecPads!
    Parker Smith Photography, Inc.
    Atlanta, GA

Commercial & Fine Art Photography
    Portrait Photography

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin