Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,955   Posts: 1,522,808   Online: 982

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for the last image Mark. Is that your camera? Did you take it off yourself? If so, do you turn it CW or CCW? Did you have to use alot of force to get it to turn?
    Bill

Pentax 645, Pentax 6X7MLU, and many Nikons-F2 Photomic F2AS FM2N N2000 N6000 N6006 Nikomat FTN

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If it ended up getting an alkaline battery in there, it may be frozen by a corroding battery. A dead alkaline is a leaky battery. I've seen that more than once on K-1000's.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Clovis Blevins View Post
    If it ended up getting an alkaline battery in there, it may be frozen by a corroding battery. A dead alkaline is a leaky battery. I've seen that more than once on K-1000's.
    I sure hope not. But I think the reserve battery is still good. When you remove the AA pack and reinstall it, the settings stay the same. I just want to replace the reserve battery because I've had the camera 2 years and don't know how long it's been in there.
    Bill

Pentax 645, Pentax 6X7MLU, and many Nikons-F2 Photomic F2AS FM2N N2000 N6000 N6006 Nikomat FTN

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by f/16 View Post
    Thanks for the last image Mark. Is that your camera? Did you take it off yourself? If so, do you turn it CW or CCW? Did you have to use alot of force to get it to turn?
    Yes got the cover off myself. CCW is the direction. This is the second time it's been off just to show what it looks like for this post. The first time it was pretty tight. What is important in removal is having a tool of sorts that can apply "torque" equally to both of the holes to turn the cover. I don't have the correct tool, but used a pair of diagonal wire cutters that had points sharp enough to get a grab on the holes being careful to not let it slip out of the holes. I'm' not sure if this would have been an appropriate tool... http://www.amazon.com/Spanner-Wrench.../dp/B004WLMIBW (I should get something like this for removal of retaining rings on lenses).

Yes this is my camera. A local photographer that had quit wedding photography had the Pentax 645 with 80mm lens on Craigslist stating it worked fine . Went to look at it and when I tried to pop the AA battery pack out it was stuck. Finally got it out to find a corroded mess. He sold me the kit for $30 do to the condition. Took some effort, but got the camera cleaned up and working again as can be seen below. I have several other medium format cameras, but I couldn't pass on a deal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pentax-645_web.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks again Mark. I don't know about spending $50 for the tool for a one time job. Maybe I'll get some $10 retainer ring pliers or take it to a local camera shop and see if they can change the battery. The serial # on mine also starts with 102. I was hoping you knew how old yours is because they're probably the same age. But if you bought it used I'm sure you don't know.
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I went to Sears and picked up some $10 snap ring pliers and got the job done. Thanks for all the help APUG members.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	reserve battery cover removal.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	93.7 KB 
ID:	70659
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Bill
    I have two 645 with age unknown reserve batteries. Where did you get the correct battery?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Ley View Post
    Bill
    I have two 645 with age unknown reserve batteries. Where did you get the correct battery?
    I got it at Ace Electronics. I don't think you can get a CR1220 in Walgreens, CVS, or Wal Mart. They're not common. Try a specialty electronics store-the kind that sells parts for do it yourself projects. That's what Ace is, but I don't think they're nationwide.
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just replaced the batteries in my 2 645's. I used the same slip ring pliers and got the batteries off the Internet from a place in the UK. Total for both batteries was less than 5$ and about 10 minutes of my time.

The batteries that were in the camera were I believe the original batteries and were still functioning. The cameras had to be 15y/o or more, so the batteries last a longtime.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shooter
    Medium Format
    use the eraser end of a pencil warrenbruce

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin