Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,999   Posts: 1,524,317   Online: 841

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Pentax 645-can't get reserve battery cover off.

I got the CR1220 reserve battery for the camera but can't get the cover off. I grinded down the ends of tweezers so they would go in the holes. Then I turned both clockwise and CCW, and it would not move. Anyone have experience with this?
    Bill

Pentax 645, Pentax 6X7MLU, and many Nikons-F2 Photomic F2AS FM2N N2000 N6000 N6006 Nikomat FTN

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

Pentax 645-can't get reserve battery cover off

Hello f/16: I found the service manual at this website:http://www.uscamera.com/pen645sm.htm. Its not free but $7.99 seems to be a very reasonable price. Or google Pentax forums for more help.

Doug

Shooter
    35mm
    Where on the P645 is the place for the reserve battery? I have a P645N and have never seen any mention of a reserve battery. The one you mention is a small coin type battery. What does it do? I had a look at the P645 specs on Pentax forums and the only battery mentioned is the 6xAA.

Thanks in anticipation of an answer

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

Pentax 645-can't get reserve battery cover off.

Pentaxuser: I believe the compartment for this battery is on the underside of the camera next to the tripod socket
    and it powers the memory that holds all of the function programs for auto exposure, regular exposure etc.

Doug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As per the Pentax 645 manual, page 71, Memory Power source, built in Lithium battery for exposure data can only be serviced/replaced at a Pentax Service Center.

G

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks. I wonder at what point in time this battery needs to be changed, 5 years, 10 years, less, more? Maybe under normal circumstances it never needs changing, otherwise why make it a Pentax Service Centre job. You'd think it should be a simple DIY action to take out the old battery and replace with a new one.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't think the 645N has it-it's only on the 645. I read online somewhere that it is easy to replace. Maybe the battery cover on mine is stuck or something. I'd hate to have to send it to Pentax just for that
    Bill

Pentax 645, Pentax 6X7MLU, and many Nikons-F2 Photomic F2AS FM2N N2000 N6000 N6006 Nikomat FTN

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by f/16 View Post
    I read online somewhere that it is easy to replace. Maybe the battery cover on mine is stuck or something. I'd hate to have to send it to Pentax just for that
    My sentiments exactly. However it might be worth a call to a Pentax service centre to make sure that what seems to be the way to do it, actually is. Risking a breakage will be even more expensive.

Somebody somewhere must have replaced the battery. You might try Pentaxforums as suggested. Most of the users seem to be "digis" but there are a few experienced users of P645s

Best of luck

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I looked up an exploded view of the P645 in the service manual and is shown in the image below. The Lithium battery is indicated as T400. I'm trying to recall if I've taken that cover off, but if I get some time later today I'll take a look and give it a try.
    I also can't recall if I purchased the service manual or "found" it on online. Age related "Can't Remember S**t"!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P645 Litium Battery.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Image with battery cover removed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pentax 645 Lithium Battery.jpg  

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin