Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,694   Online: 775

Thread: Rolleiflex 3.5F

Shooter
    35mm

Rolleiflex 3.5F

Bought this camera around 20 years ago.. I don't use it as much since I got a DSLR, but I will load it and shoot with it next month.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_3570-resized.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	70598Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SAM_3574-resized.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	48.1 KB 
ID:	70599

Does anyone know what the silver bracket is on the side of the camera?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img006_crop-resized.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	59.3 KB 
ID:	70600

This last image is a picture of my wife's grandmother when she was about 90 years old. She died about 3 years ago at 103.
    It was probably taken with one of the Fujicolor films.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    That metal thing is a flash bracket like a lot of wedding photographers used to put on. You can take it off but I think you have to then fill the screw holes.
    Dennis

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Gorgous camera.. I've see a few of these with that bracket. Hope someone chimes in to you know. Maybe for flash unit?

Todd

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In fact, it looks like it might be a bracket for a Graflite!

Shooter
    35mm

Flash bracket on Rolleiflex

I posted this on another forum and that was the consensus there. I have no desire to remove it, especially if it would leave holes to be filled. I probably have 25 to 30 rolls of film taken with this camera. I'm interested in a scanner for 120 film that is not too expensive. I have taken photos with my Nikon D 80 and D 300s with a
    105 mm micro lens. I tried inverting them with software, but they are not very good. Only good enough to be sure of who is in the picture. Is it possible to buy scanner software to change it to a positive on my computer. ( sorry about asking a digital question on an analog forum. )

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a T model and 3.5F too. I bought a Epson V600 film scanner and does a awesome job on scanning 120 negs. Go to Flikr and punch in ToddB4 and look at some of my street photography. All done with either with T or 3.5f camera. I have NO desire to get a DSLR after the first roll I shot with these cameras.

Todd
    Last edited by ToddB; 06-21-2013 at 02:05 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    In fact, it looks like it might be a bracket for a Graflite!
    Actually it looks like the two brackets that are traditionally used by the leather strap on a Graphic press camera, paired with a reinforcing metal strip. If properly spaced (vertically) these also do double-duty as a secondary Graflite mounting point, as they are the same connection point form factor as the one-piece Graflite bracket that usually lives on the other side of the same press camera body.

So yes, they probably held a Graflite Synchronizer tube topped by an appropriate flashbulb reflector head. Don't think I've ever seen that before on a TLR.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
    I have a T model and 3.5F too. I bought a Epson V600 film scanner and does a awesome job on scanning 120 negs. Go to Flikr and punch in ToddB4 and look at some of my street photography. All done with either with T or 3.5f camera. I have NO desire to get a DSLR after the first roll I shot with these cameras.

Todd
    I looked at the Epson Scanners at Amazon. The V 500 is a little cheaper, but I don't know if it is as good as the V600. The DR on both of them is the same and they both have the digital ice. I don't want to spend more for the V 700. I thought there was a V 650, but I guess I don't remember right.
    Is the light for transparencies and negatives built into the lid of the V 600?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin