Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,668   Posts: 1,481,744   Online: 862

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Fairbank View Post
    I am sorry to hear that the camera was damaged, it is most important that the lens and image plane are correctly aligned to get the best from the camera. You might consider one of the other EL# models as the ELD only gives you an advantage if you are working digitally and the ELD models sell for a higher price because of the additional connections. The money you save there could be used to better or more optics.
    I agree on the older EL# models being a good place to save a few bucks. I just bought a chrome ELM with 90 finder and older 12 back plus two Varta batteries that aren't swollen for a total of $150.00. I didn't really need it, but at that price it has to sit next to my other black ELM. To me that's a lot of "bang for the buck"! You stick a lens like my old fantastic chrome 80mm 2.8 on it and I'm sure you're not going to know if the resulting picture was shot with a old clunker ELM or a 555ELD, but that's just my way of looking at it. Different strokes for different folks! JohnW

Shooter
    Multi Format

Sorry Allan, but Koh's no longer does Bronica (or Rollei repairs.)

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gales View Post
    I don't live in the U.K. so I can't help you with price but I'll try to answer your other question.

The Hasselblad will be no magic bullet to help your photographs. If you saw a bunch of photographs mixed together which were shot with your Bronica and a Hasselblad you would not be able to tell me which photographs were shot with which camera.

If fit and finish are important to you then the Hasselblad is a much nicer camera and may be worth the extra money to you. It's kind of like comparing a Toyota to a Lexus. Both are fine cars and will certainly get you to your destination but the Lexus is a bit nicer!

Bronica is no longer being made but Koh's camera in New York still services them. I don't know what's available in the U.K. Of course Hasselblad still services their cameras.

For what it's worth I have owned Bronica S2a, EC, and ETRsi cameras. I now own a Hasselblad 500cm.
    I refer you to the Koh's site where they post (Under Bronica Repair) info that their tech has retired.
    They also give alternate repair info for Bronica through mailto:camerawiz@msn.com
    Sometimes I'm Brilliant but most times I'm Just Myself!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have an older 500 EL/M as well as a 553 ELX. I love them both equally and they obviously both do the same job but to me the 553 ELX feels a lot smoother. I guess age does matter all things beeing equal. Unless you need the "D" i would at least consider the 553 ELX as i believe they can be found quite a bit cheaper than the "D" model. I got mine off ebay for about 250usd but that was without screen and finder. Looks brand new. Either way they are a pleasure to work with regardless of model.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin