Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,899   Posts: 1,584,382   Online: 778

Shooter
    Multi Format

need info/address/link

Hi everyone.
    I've just bought a Mamiya C33 from a friend.
    As I expected,the foam light trapping is crumbly(let's face it,it's a 30 year old camera)-other than that it's in absolutely AMAZING condition,and I look forward to using it a LOT!
    Could someone please give me the address or a link to a website which could supply some(I live in South East England)?

Thanks.
    A common mistake people made when designing something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Computers are incredibly stupid,but they are capable of being incredibly stupid many millions of times a second.

Both said by Doug Adams

Only put off until tomorrow that which you are prepared to die having not done-Pablo Picasso

rjr
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You could cut it by yourself - get a sheet of foam rubber in your stationery shop and cut it in thin strips with scissors.

Remove the old foam with a toothpick and a solvent, then glue in the new one with. Let the glue dry for a moment, then apply the foam.

Works fine, it´s cheap - black, 0,5mm thick, A4 size, got it for 0,40Euro.
    Tschüss,
    Roman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    By coincidence I received a kit today from an ebay.com seller (Jon Goodman - eBay username of "interslice"). He has lots of recommendations on various photo sites. Took about a week to arrive from Texas (from his email to me, he's an ex-Londoner - unlike Dr Johnson, he must have got tired of Life... ). Enough assorted foam there for at least 3 cameras I'd estimate.

Cost was $6.50 including postage - or about four quid. Do a search on his username in the Advanced Search option on ebay.com - he has two versions, one for $6 and one for $9.99. You will have to use the dreaded Paypal though...

Cheers, Bob.
    Last edited by Bob F.; 01-21-2005 at 05:18 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Splelign mishtaeks

Shooter
    Multi Format

thanks Bob

I contacted interslice last night-the foam is on it's way!
    My niece's fiancee has a folding camera-wonder if he could use my "leftovers"?
    A common mistake people made when designing something completely foolproof was to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

Computers are incredibly stupid,but they are capable of being incredibly stupid many millions of times a second.

Both said by Doug Adams

Only put off until tomorrow that which you are prepared to die having not done-Pablo Picasso

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin