Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,228   Online: 1052

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zeta3 View Post

My point was that this is not an unreasonable amount for him to charge.
    And from what I hear he's so seriously backed up and busy due to overall demand of his cases some economists would argue he charges too little!
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    To quote a salesman in a Rolls Royce dealership " if you need to ask the price sir, you can't afford it"
    Ben

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    For the 2.8F, I do not find the case all that awkward, easy enough to remove when reloading. The older models are a different story. I still have a case for them, because if I had n't, I'd want a lens cap or UV filter to protect the lens.
    No matter how good Luigi is, these prices are absurd. I paid far less for my Rollei originals which are solid (it is worth checking that), and otherwise, a local leather repair service may be all you need for a fraction of the price.

That said, I tend to keep mine in a Retrospective 20 bag: one B&W, one colour, meter in between. A case is not really necessary then.
    How do you carry film with that then? I have an older Tenba bag that fits both my 2.8E's, my meter, and several pro-packs of film. I'd like something that is slimmer, though, as the Tenba has a bit of a belly.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I like carrying everything in a camera bag over my shoulder. Putting the Rollei in a case would require I get a larger camera bag.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kit-and-bag.jpg  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin