Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,976   Online: 971

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Luigi's leather Rollei cases

Hey guys,
    cruising flea bay this morning, and saw Luigi's leather from Italy, featuring Rollei body cases for vintage Rollei TLR cameras. However they are very expensive. 750.00. Damn!!! I was wondering when someone was going to make custom case for these guys.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LUIGI-NEW-FU...item2c6d03431b

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've heard folks rave anout his casesN but that is just rediculous. But I'm sure he appreciates you posting an ad for him.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That is a lot but as an owner of a couple of his half cases for my Leica MP and CL I can say his workmanship and materials are absolutely top notch. I find cases awkward for the Rolleiflex TLRs and though I have some original ones for mine I use the cases only in storage and completely remove it when I use the cameras.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've considered going commando with Rollei, however I'm little nervous on banging my camera on things.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Commando is the only way! To get over the nervousness there are two approaches: bang it once and get the dreaded situation behind you, or adopt a technique of constant awareness when walking with or handling the camera. I chose the latter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    Commando is the only way! To get over the nervousness there are two approaches: bang it once and get the dreaded situation behind you, or adopt a technique of constant awareness when walking with or handling the camera. I chose the latter.
    if i think it will be rough, i use the 'cord -- it was pre-banged.

And, seriously, those cameras are pretty tough. They can handle hard use

jcc
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    If your heart is set on his cases, it's usually cheaper if you order directly through his site. I do second the awkwardness of a case on a TLR.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For $750 you can get a decent Rollei with the original case, some accessories, and have $$ left over for film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is a premier quality Italian leather hand crafted luxury product, they don't come cheap, ask yourself if you had the skill to make one considering the man hours necessary to make one, how much would you sell one for ?
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    This is a premier quality Italian leather hand crafted luxury product, they don't come cheap, ask yourself if you had the skill to make one considering the man hours necessary to make one, how much would you sell one for ?
    I'd sell one for as steep a price as I could get. I'd certainly make one for my caseless Rollei Standard. But to pay that price for a camera case, when as I said I could get an original case with a camera inside for less, is just silly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin