Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,488   Posts: 1,644,772   Online: 843

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The difference in wieght between the 500CM and the 500ELM has never been an issue, for me. Either camera is relatively portable, I find.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillip P. Dimor View Post
    I was wondering why the ELM's are so cheap as well. I like the idea of the motor drive. Are ELM's substantially heavier than say a 500cm or equivalent?
    Before my current 2000fcw I used to use a 500ELX. I never found the weight objectionable but the extra bulk was an annoyance when carrying the camera on its strap. With a lens heavier than say the 80mm Planar a 500CM or 2000 will quietly hang on your side with the lens pointing down. A EL(M/X/D) with the motor as a counterweight will start tumbling around the belt latches as you move and knock your hips.

At some point I started to agree that it is a camera to be put on the tripod or to sit inside a bag. As I'm working in the field most of the time I sold the 500 ELX and never looked back.

best

Stefan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All,
    Just picked up an original, nicely-working, original Hasselblad Cds Meter Prism, on that auction site, for $60. Takes a Wein-Cell, and it's dead-accurate against my other meters. How can you go wrong at these prices?
    -Dan

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin