Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,548   Online: 1084

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustafa Umut Sarac View Post
    Pstake ,

I liked your first Picture very much , you must try with kodak , same Picture. You would not believe your eyes , how the colors elegant and strong.

Take care ,

Umut

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13680006.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	609.1 KB 
ID:	71486

Thanks Umut ... I took your advice tried some color ... this was taken on Portra 160 that expired in 2007, exposed at f5.6, metering for iso 125, and processed and scanned by The Darkroom (Apug sponsor!). I don't know their workflow but I myself did not do any post processing.

Anyway, I really like this camera/lens for portraits. It's just as I had hoped.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The Zeiss Ikon Ikoflex is unique in one respect. For many of its cameras, each model looked markedly visually different from the model that it replaced.

The Zeiss Triotar is a well designed triplet. I've been pleased with the results from this lens. In fact, recently I picked up a Rolleicord with a coated Triotar, although I'm in the midst of a household move so I haven't yet had a chance to shoot it.

I like what you've done with this lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, Mike. I have really just been running quick tests with it. It's getting overhauled now and when it comes back, I hope to make some "real" photos with it.

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Fine camera, and I'm sure you will enjoy it for many years after the overhaul. The Triotar is one of my favorite lenses, and I have it on 7 or 8 Rolleicords.
    J. Patric Dahlén

Shooter
    35mm
    I got one of these recently, my first MF camera. Came with a sticky shutter but I unscrewed the lens, gave the blades a good clean with cotton buds soaked in lens cleaner, gave it some heat with a hair drier and it's now perfect. Lens cleaner got in the lens behind the shutter but I opened up the aperture, put it in B mode and was able to clean it out.

My favourite camera by far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by belfastdispatcher View Post
    I got one of these recently, my first MF camera. Came with a sticky shutter but I unscrewed the lens, gave the blades a good clean with cotton buds soaked in lens cleaner, gave it some heat with a hair drier and it's now perfect. Lens cleaner got in the lens behind the shutter but I opened up the aperture, put it in B mode and was able to clean it out.

My favourite camera by far.

Enjoy the camera. I don't know the Ikoflex but I love my Yashicamat. There's just something cool and fun to use about TLRs, not to mention the results can be superb.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've gotten used to mine now and it's a pleasure to use. Really versatile, from candids to landscapes and only a little more trouble than 35mm.

Glad to hear you were able to clean the lens and aperture blades. I had mne CLA'd and the exposures are always spot on. I think the build quality on the Ikoflex is pretty darn high. Reliability is a huge plus.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pstake View Post
    I've gotten used to mine now and it's a pleasure to use. Really versatile, from candids to landscapes and only a little more trouble than 35mm.

Glad to hear you were able to clean the lens and aperture blades. I had mne CLA'd and the exposures are always spot on. I think the build quality on the Ikoflex is pretty darn high. Reliability is a huge plus.
    Just in case you might be interested too, since filters for this camera are hard to find I ordered a 35.5mm to 49mm filter adapter since I already have a bunch of filters.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I miss the photos mine took. I don't miss toting that thing. Love those Novars. Very simple camera to CLA (good photos on flickr for cleaning/lubing the film advance mechanism). Tri-X in D76.

Name:	small fz.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	228.3 KB 
ID:	79410

Name:	small az.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	408.5 KB 
ID:	79411

Name:	small 2 ez.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	221.6 KB 
ID:	79412

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have an old Ikoflex from around 1940, I called it my 70 year old mistress until I got my LF and my RB67. Awesome camera and great to work with. Old folks give you a wistful look when they see it being used.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin