Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,852   Posts: 1,582,903   Online: 1037

Shooter
    Medium Format

Bowens pulsar TX for RZ67II?

I recently bought a nice Mamiya RZ67II set and want to use the RZ67II for studio shoots. My studio lighting set consists of Bowens flashes triggered with the Bowens Pulsar tx. Can I use the pulsar tx for the RZ67II as well (pulsar tx on the hotshoe)? Or do I need a sync cable between lens and flash head?

Thank you!

Regards,

Mark

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I do not have the Pulsar tx, but the easiest thing is you to realize a shoe-mounted tests should have no problems with logic speeds, if you want to be sure or need faster speeds if you put a cable from the PC socket. From the Pulsar tx horn lens should properly synchronize at any speed without having to use a long cable so annoying

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks! I'll give it a try.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't have the Pulsar but I have the Yongnu system and it works great. I use mine with the RB67 Pro S. and other cameras.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    There is a direct electrical connection from the PC socket on the lens to the hotshoe on the body, nothing between them except a bit of wire. If the system works via PC-sync, it will work equally well on the RZ hot shoe. They're only physically-different connectors.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin