Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,930   Posts: 1,585,348   Online: 1065

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    What got me back to film was a tag sales 1910-1920's Kodak autographic folder. Cost me $20 with bargaining, and found these 120 "medium format" rolls could be obtained, I was fascinated! 2 years later and I've spent probably 5,000-10,000 on film equipment and film etc, its almost an addiction. But for someone that only makes $30,000/year, it's a lot of money, so remember that getting a cheapy could lead you to more

~Stone | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    I couldn't agree more! More is better, right? I'm now on a "fixed income" and money isn't flowing in like it used to, but I still buy an occasional camera if the price is fair and it's what I want. Now, for my wife it's a different story. Less is better! She wants to audition me for that crazy Hoarder show on TV! Can you believe that? I just tell her she'll be sitting good when I croak 'cause she can sell all, what she calls junk, for a good price. I just hope she's smart enough not to call Goodwill. JohnW

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by omaha View Post
    ...I like the mojo of the TLR. I'm curious though, the Rollei cameras are going for a hefty premium to the others. Is there a functional reason for that, or is that just "collector value"?
    Rolleiflex has a well deserved reputation for sharpness and it is worth the premium price. At just under 3 pounds, it is a great camera for walking around or traveling with. Even if you include a carbon fiber tripod it is still easy to take along.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin