Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,772   Posts: 1,516,538   Online: 857

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use Sappy Snaps in the UK and they have fast turn-around - I usually pick up the following day but that is down to my convenience. They charge £5.50 to develop and scan to CD which I don't think is bad.

Having said that, I develop my own monochrome at home.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Samy's camera here in Southern California. Price for 120 B&W and C41 is $5, 220 C41 is $8.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Josef View Post
    Samy's camera here in Southern California. Price for 120 B&W and C41 is $5, 220 C41 is $8.
    As a loss leader, that's a great price to get you to come into the store and buy something else, probably as you wander to the rear of the store to get to the film counter. Kind of like why the markets put the milk in the back of the store rather than the front.

But if you really like the quality of the work you're getting at that price, that's great and you're pleased with the ways they handle your negs, that's excellent too. When I work in L.A., I like Isgo Lepegian's labs although I'm not a huge fan of A&I.

But otoh, if Samy's is using roller transport equip. to process film, to that I say Nay Nay ! I generally recommend to go with a lab that uses dip and dunk equipment for film so the risk of harm to your film during processing is lessened substantially.
    Mark

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    with a jobo, it's all easy.
    yes. I haven't used them though. I assume they're still practicing some work in the dark.
    http://www.alliedphoto.com/content/f...oping-scanning
    I'm within 20mi. of Allied Photo and when I did weddings they did all my processing and printing. They were a professional lab with super customer service. I never looked anywhere else, but I know they weren't the cheapest game in town. Of course, if I'm getting great service and results I/clients like, then I'm willing to pay just a tad more. A happy brides mother also makes me happy! I always dealt with Joy at the front desk and she was first rate and very smart on their services and knew exactly what they could do. Now, this was all about ten years ago so I don't have a clue about now. According to the link they are still developing both B&W and Color film. If you give them a call ask to see if Joy is still there. She can be a big help if you need it. I don't shoot much color anymore, but if I did and it was important stuff, I'd use them. Now it's mainly B&W, which is in-house by me. JohnW
    Last edited by John Wiegerink; 08-11-2013 at 09:34 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use Ag Photographic in Birmingham U.K., and I'm very happy with their work.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    rudinec@rudinec.com $6 to dev 36 b+w also e6 @ $10 NE Ohio

Shooter
    Medium Format
    How timely this thread is......I was just starting to get depressed that I had not given any of my film cameras proper attention lately because it's not that I can't develop at home (it took me to tries to get really good results with C-41 and those $20 dollar dry chemical kits), it's that I have zero time and I am unhappy with local developing (mainly due to their so-so scanning). I was considering using North Coast and may still do that, but it's nice to know there are many great alternatives that are also worth my time and money.

Thank you all for recommendations!!

Bob E.
    Nikon F5, Nikon F4S, Nikon FA, Nikon FE, Nikon N90, Nikon N80, Nikon N75, Mamiya 645 Pro, Mamiya Press Super 23, Yashica Lynx 14e, Yashica Electro GSN, Yashica 124G, Yashica D

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've used NCPS in the past and enjoyed the results. I currently use Precision Camera in TX. ~$12/roll for dev and HUGE scans. I don't know if those prices are available to everyone; check out the link below. Turn around time is decent, particularly if you use Priority mail. I find I can fit a fair number of rolls in the small flat rate box which is only about $5. They used to offer those prices on E6 too, but no longer do.

http://www.precision-camera.com/cate...-scanning.html

Shooter
    Medium Format
    At home on a Jobo cpp2

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Feldstein View Post
    But otoh, if Samy's is using roller transport equip. to process film, to that I say Nay Nay ! I generally recommend to go with a lab that uses dip and dunk equipment for film so the risk of harm to your film during processing is lessened substantially.
    Mark
    I guess you have not seen any "Pro" labs dip and dunk runs of late, especially in our area - with those results i would take a minilab roller transport machine, that has not been cleaned in years any day over a "pro service" dip and muck machine.
    CatLABS of JP
    Darkroom resources and service

www.catlabs.info | https://www.facebook.com/CatLABS.of.JP | www.jobo-usa.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin