Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,211   Posts: 1,531,989   Online: 1108

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Harry is the best bar none. I've used others due to turn time and cost only to find later I should have sent to Harry in the first place, if you know what I mean.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is an older thread, but just wanted to thank everyone for their responses. I've been sitting on it because I got a quote for a CLA saying that all the prices were double because it's a 3.5f type 1, and apparently they're a lot more complicated to work on. I got a little skiddish after that, but I'm finally going to bite the bullet and send it off. I got to compare it to a 3.5E with Planar and, basically, no comparison. There's definitely something off.

So, off it goes, wallet be damned! Maybe I'll offload either the E or F once I have everything straightened out.
    "Technology is a big destroyer of emotion and truth. Opportunity doesn't do anything for creativity. Yeah, it makes it easier and you can get home sooner, but it doesn't make you a more creative person. That's the disease you have to fight in any creative field.. ease of use." - Jack White

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Update #2. It's in Harry's hands and now I decide if it's worthwhile. Just out of curiosity, what is a Fleenor overhauled 3.5f Planar worth out in the wild? I looked around but they're all over the place!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For a buyer that is knowledgable about Rollei's the fact that Fleenor has serviced a camera can definitely be a big plus. Although I don't know that anyone can say for certain exactly how much more one could ask for such a camera. As you've noted, prices can be all over the map at any given time.

My feeling is, if Harry's doing the work you are going to get back a Rollei that functions exactly as it should. Possibly even better than it ever did before, even when new. And as an owner of a 3.5F Type 1, I strongly suggest you hang on to it. There were far fewer of the Type 1's made than any of the other F models so it has a bit more exclusivity (not to say that's extremely important, just interesting). I happen to like the Type 1's interlocking aperture/shutter speed control arrangement (somewhat like the EV system on Hasselblad/Zeiss lenses). Not everyone does.
    In any case, you'll soon have back in your hands a correctly functioning Rollei. Enjoy!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin