Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,200   Posts: 1,531,493   Online: 971

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stradibarrius View Post
    Anne Leibovitz said the RZ 140 was her favorite lens and a reason she kept coming back to her RZ.
    I think Clive Barker also use an RZ with a digital back???
    Anne now uses digital also.

I can see liking the 140mm I only own the 90mm and 180mm and prefer the 180 when I can use it but sometimes the space won't allow for it, so I can see a 140 being a good "all around" lens for people shooting.

I've just stepped into LF shooting now, I'm thinking of selling my RZ, problem is I really only need the 6x7 backs to work, but I can only find adapter plates for 4x5 that work for the RB mini-graflock connection and not the RZ connection. And even still, the lenses won't work because the shutter is electronic, but if I switch to RB I think I could even use RB lenses on the 4x5 since I could release the shutter manually.

Hmmm food for thought for me I guess.

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Anne now uses digital also.

I can see liking the 140mm I only own the 90mm and 180mm and prefer the 180 when I can use it but sometimes the space won't allow for it, so I can see a 140 being a good "all around" lens for people shooting.

I've just stepped into LF shooting now, I'm thinking of selling my RZ, problem is I really only need the 6x7 backs to work, but I can only find adapter plates for 4x5 that work for the RB mini-graflock connection and not the RZ connection. And even still, the lenses won't work because the shutter is electronic, but if I switch to RB I think I could even use RB lenses on the 4x5 since I could release the shutter manually.

Hmmm food for thought for me I guess.

Stone, I recommend trying out a medium format back on your Toyo before selling the RZ outfit to see if it works for you. You may prefer using the RZ for medium format and sorry you sold it. For example if you want to take the RZ off the tripod and use it there is no problem.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gales View Post
    Stone, I recommend trying out a medium format back on your Toyo before selling the RZ outfit to see if it works for you. You may prefer using the RZ for medium format and sorry you sold it. For example if you want to take the RZ off the tripod and use it there is no problem.
    I know, I've thought of that, I just have too much stuff and something has to go. Haha

Every time I have a shoot I have like 4 pelican cases to carry in and out along with all the lighting and it's exhausting but I can't stop myself from bringing everything since I never know what I'll want but if I don't have it I can't bring it

I was also just thinking of downgrading to the RB series instead to take advantage of the backs and adaptation if manual lenses on the 4x5 might actually make some money on the deal and not have to put money down for the adapter plate.

It does sound like too much work though so I'll probably just stick to it for now, but it's an option I've considered at least.

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Large Format
    I'm a small time Ebay Seller. The problem with that is after testing everything I want to keep too much!

Some of my stuff is going to have to go too, so I do know the feeling.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gales View Post
    I'm a small time Ebay Seller. The problem with that is after testing everything I want to keep too much!

Some of my stuff is going to have to go too, so I do know the feeling.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin