Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,904   Posts: 1,555,836   Online: 795

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gales View Post
    I used to be a member of St. Louis Camera Club back in the 1980's. They would project 35mm slides for critique at meetings. Every once in a while they would show a super slide taken with a medium format camera. The crowd would be amazed. Now I don't know the dimensions of a super slide but at the time I was told it was smaller than a full medium format image.

Today the club has gone digital and they now use a digital projector. My, how far we have come since the mid 1980's.
    In some cases we have taken a humongous leap backwards since the 1980's.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The "super slide" format was the format one obtained when shooting slide film in 127 cameras. The slides - 46mm x 46mm typically - fit in mounts that will work in 35mm slide projectors.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gales View Post
    Today the club has gone digital and they now use a digital projector. My, how far we have come since the mid 1980's.
    This remind me on one joke from Austin Powers movie: first he had analog video link in his car in 60's and quality was great. When he was frozen and released in the 90's - he had digital video link - and it was slow, jittering, it sucked .

@OP: about projector: life is too short - if you can buy it - go for it. We all spend money on extra equipment that we don't really need, but if it will make you happy - GO!

Shooter
    35mm
    What about using one of those overhead transparency projectors that used to be so common in classrooms?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Even second hand 6X7 projectors cost an arm and a leg, http://www.ffordes.com/product/12032311582981 that's why I never bought a 6X7 camera, I have a Rollei 6X6 projector for my Mamiya TLR slides.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wonder if it's possible to build your own 6x7cm projector. I have access to a 3D printer...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony-S View Post
    I wonder if it's possible to build your own 6x7cm projector. I have access to a 3D printer...
    Good question. Someone must have tried.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin