Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,889   Posts: 1,520,831   Online: 1148

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gales View Post
    I know what you're talking about, John. I'm only 51 but I have had a back fusion so it really slows me down. I own an 8x10 Wehman, 4x5 Sinar P, Tachihara, and Crown Graphic, a Hasselblad 500 CM, 35mm Stereo Realist and Nikon D300. I know (my wife keeps telling me) I have too much stuff. I'm trying to decide what to keep and what to sell. I'm definitely keeping the 8x10 because it's my favorite.

A very good friend of mine once said that if you shoot too many cameras you really never get completely comfortable with any of them. I think he had a good point.
    Your friend is 100% right and I'm starting to follow his advice. Back when I was "wheeling & dealing" I would pick a camera that I might want to keep and stay with it for a set one month. By that time I knew whether I wanted to keep it or not. Trouble was I ending up keeping many more cameras than I could use. I still have many of those cameras and I got out of the camera show dealing more than 20 years ago. I'm headed toward 64yrs old and it's time to thin to only what I know I'm going to use. Well, maybe I can sneak one or two cameras in that have a bit of a sentimental value. Also, I'm finding out that at my age if I don't use something everyday I forget how to use the damn thing. Worse yet, I can't use it everyday 'cause I forget where I put it and it takes me three to four days to find it! I just went through that with my shade for the Hasselblad SWC and it near drove me nutts. JohnW

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Wiegerink View Post
    Your friend is 100% right and I'm starting to follow his advice. Back when I was "wheeling & dealing" I would pick a camera that I might want to keep and stay with it for a set one month. By that time I knew whether I wanted to keep it or not. Trouble was I ending up keeping many more cameras than I could use. I still have many of those cameras and I got out of the camera show dealing more than 20 years ago. I'm headed toward 64yrs old and it's time to thin to only what I know I'm going to use. Well, maybe I can sneak one or two cameras in that have a bit of a sentimental value. Also, I'm finding out that at my age if I don't use something everyday I forget how to use the damn thing. Worse yet, I can't use it everyday 'cause I forget where I put it and it takes me three to four days to find it! I just went through that with my shade for the Hasselblad SWC and it near drove me nutts. JohnW

^^ LOL!
    Use a camera every day. And carry one of them with you every day. Always carry a camera.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Regarding lenses, I would suggest trying the 100 mm Macro too. Be sure it includes the life-size magnification element that comes with these when new. This is my most used lens on my 67II.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tnabbott View Post
    Regarding lenses, I would suggest trying the 100 mm Macro too. Be sure it includes the life-size magnification element that comes with these when new. This is my most used lens on my 67II.
    KEH has several of the 100 macros with life size element. But the cost of that lens is also life size
    Bill

Pentax 645, Pentax 6X7MLU, and many Nikons-F2 Photomic F2AS FM2N N2000 N6000 N6006 Nikomat FTN

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin