Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,944   Posts: 1,585,778   Online: 1100

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Any chances you still have the frame for the broken one? Or if you could send me pictures of it next to a ruler (happy enough making a temporary one out of card and tracing paper for general testing, and playing the waiting game for ebay. . .). Waiting to put a bid on some ziess Ikon slides that seem to be the right size (got seller to measure. . .) as it's a bit inconvenient having just the one darkslide with it, as considering cutting down some 70mm film to test the camera with. Happy enough with the camera itself though, just the fact that it didn't come with the back is a pain. . .

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkirk View Post
    Any chances you still have the frame for the broken one? Or if you could send me pictures of it next to a ruler (happy enough making a temporary one out of card and tracing paper for general testing, and playing the waiting game for ebay. . .).
    Yes, I have all the parts at hand, so it would be no problem to take some measures. Haven't got a caliper but will try to measure as precisely as possible. If you happen to have access to a 3D printer, it may be an option too...

Quote Originally Posted by Dkirk View Post
    Waiting to put a bid on some ziess Ikon slides that seem to be the right size (got seller to measure. . .)
    You mean sheet film holders? The ones from Plaubel appear from time to time on eBay. Are you based in Europe? I think I could send you one for free so that you can move forward while hunting down a better solution. Or check itm 231023263384 which may also come in handy.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks, I've PM'd you. Ideally if you can provide measurements in mm, that would be great. Hopefully the back issue can be resolved with the seller soon, looking forward to putting a roll or two through it.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Managed to find the body serial number. On the bellows mount at the rear of the camera, right hand side between where the strap lug is fixed to the body and the notch for the focus knob. Serial No is K976, wonder is it is truly the 976th camera they made, or does the K signify a production run? Anyone else feel free to post their model and serial number to help with dating.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The numbering convention changed with the newer models. My two IIIR are:

- OK54/757
    - OK55/955

The first character may be a zero instead of an "O". I can discern a pattern there: one of them could be the 757th camera from 1954, and the other the 955th from 1955. If the first character is actually a zero, it may become a number one if more than one thousand cameras were made that year. But, just two serials are not enough data. Time to ask other owners ;-)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ebay item 251310381283

Makina II black with rounded window, Anticomar 100/2.9 #89762 reports serial number OA 118

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The camera above is actually being sold by a fellow APUGer:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum379/...back-case.html

So those of you who still don't own one of these beauties, don't miss this opportunity !

I have gathered other numbers sent by owners/sellers:

- A nice set of Plaubel Makina III w/ Orthar #117971, Anticomar f/2.9 #118087, Tele-Makinar 190/4.8 #117890? reports serial number OK51/71

- A nice set of Plaubel Makina IIS w/ Orthar #113383, Anticomar f/2.9 #112921, Tele-Makinar 190/4.8 #113309 reports serial number H49/167

- A Plaubel Makina III w/ Orthar #118725 reports serial number OK52/167

I have also received a couple or two of other answers telling me that serial numbers will be provided as soon as owners have the camera at hand.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Trying to set up a dialogue with someone at Plaubel GmbH to find out more about the designations. Fingers crossed. . .

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Still waiting on a back winging its way from Germany to put a roll or two through it but it would appear that the sync modification was added much later - seems to successfully trigger electronic flash (and the flash is visible through the lens at 1/200) so all being well that's a nice addition. Sadly still having problems with V selftimer though. Any guidance on how to safely disassemble the lensboard and shutter to flush out and lubricate where necessary (Found a teflon based dry lube is effective on shutters intended to run 'DRY').
    I've got a copy of the Compur service manual for their shutters, so once I get to the shutter it's fairly straightforward. It's just getting to it that is proving somewhat problematic.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Plaubel was sold in the 1960s to a Japanese consortium IIRC, which were the ones responsible for the various Makina 67. I'm not sure they would be really helpful, but it costs nothing to ask and we may get a surprise...

Jo Lommen's black Makina II with rounded RF window has number OB 275

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin