Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,207   Online: 927

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    Agreed! Wow.

Ok I have a solution

Mamiya RB67's are super cheap right now, get a body and a lens and a 70mm back, that gives you 50-60 images to a roll, that should be enough, and you can get Kodak portra and B&W 70mm for a decent price. (Cheaper than 220).

The whole camera can be a throw away, it will be heavy but there's a light meter viewfinder attachment. The most expensive is the 70mm back but even those aren't too bad.

Plus you can also get 70mm IR400 film and burning man in infra red would be pretty cool. The sun is strong enough you might not even need a tripod during the day.

Or just use it as 400 B&W

Best of all its new and cheap from maco.

Anyway that's my idea, if the body gets destroyed, who cares.

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    You do realize that the RB67 weighs like 8 pounds, and is not exactly a small & portable camera, right? It would be nice if I don't need to take 2 or 3 minutes to setup and check the shot before taking it, right?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good heavens! An RB67!? Come on, you do need portability at that event, rather than a wagon to tow behind you in the blistering heat...

Discussed this with friends at lunch today. They've been twice (won't be going again as they had items stolen from their tent). Their digi cameras worked fine but battery life was their main problem with a lot of shooting. The cameras when not in use were stored in Sea to Summit roll-top hypalon bags and carried around like this until there was a good opportunity to use them. Personally I wouldn't take any of my own cameras to Burning Man; I have enough trouble keeping them dust-free in summer at ConFest and Burning Seed here in Australia, and it's nowhere near as severe as BM. Just take a few disposable 35mm cameras (no batteries to worry about) and be done with it.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Clayne,

You've obviously never been to burning man, if you put it in 3 ziplock bags, playa dust would still get in the camera, a bag won't help.

Quote Originally Posted by Drizzt321 View Post
    You do realize that the RB67 weighs like 8 pounds, and is not exactly a small & portable camera, right? It would be nice if I don't need to take 2 or 3 minutes to setup and check the shot before taking it, right?
    It's heavy but not that bad, and 2-3 minutes?

I use my RZ67 as a walk around camera all the time handheld...

You guys need to hit the gym

It's heavy with the viewfinder I'll give you that, I just use a WLF and have a light meter (spot) on my hip belt. Usually, but still, I do use it to walk around on trips. Hassleblad users do it all the time, it's the same thing just 1 more CM

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    I use my RZ67 as a walk around camera all the time handheld...

You guys need to hit the gym
    Or get an RB67/RZ67.

I can happily carry one around with a left hand grip over many miles.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    Or get an RB67/RZ67.

I can happily carry one around with a left hand grip over many miles.

Steve.
    Thank you Steve

~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin