Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,541   Posts: 1,544,363   Online: 1068

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Pentax 6X7 pics.

I was happy to get home from work and tinker with it. Figured out how to load film, fire shutter without film, and activate MLU. I thought the eyecup KEH has was expensive at about $30, so I passed on it. Glad I did, because the Nikon DK-2 fits perfectly on the eyepiece! I had to do an extensive mod to the Pentax 645 eyecup to adapt it to the DK-2. But this one was a perfect fit. On the last photo with the arrows, is this normal for the foam seals to stop there, or is some missing?

Bill

Pentax 645, Pentax 6X7MLU, and many Nikons-F2 Photomic F2AS FM2N N2000 N6000 N6006 Nikomat FTN

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nikon F100 eyepiece correction lenses and eyecups will fit the 6x7. Also, eyecups designed for the 67ii.
    Good quality eyecups can be fetched from fleabay for around 16 ex ChinaLand; the dealer I use had them made specifically for him in a factory because he, like so many others, was incensed at the extreme price being charged at retail. I have seen Pentax OEM eyecups being sold for around $70 at J&JVENCKUS on FleaBay — that pair are serial offenders who never modify the extreme postage no matter what the size of it is you are buying.

The camera looks in good knick, with typical brassing from a well-used body. Just beware of the presence of the huge shutter curtain when drawing the leader across from a roll of new film; all too easy to press on the curtain...
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    God, that's a huge shutter!!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    This is a great camera. I own both a hasselblad and a pentax. I must admit the takumar 105 seems (to my eyes) a lot better than the planar 80

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RattyMouse View Post
    God, that's a huge shutter!!
    You should see those Graflex 4x5 cameras with the curtain shutter!
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This weekend I plan on running a couple of test rolls through it and checking for light leaks since the foam light seals do not go all the way across the back door(see last photo I posted).
    Bill

Pentax 645, Pentax 6X7MLU, and many Nikons-F2 Photomic F2AS FM2N N2000 N6000 N6006 Nikomat FTN

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Your foam appears to end where my bodies' do. I believe all's well! Use a substantial support and.... Have fun!
    Craig Schroeder

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by craigclu View Post
    Your foam appears to end where my bodies' do. I believe all's well! Use a substantial support and.... Have fun!

Thanks. Now I feel better. Tomorrow I'll run a couple of test rolls before shooting something important. It's going to be weird(and expensive)-ONLY 10 exposures per roll.
    Bill

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by faustotesta View Post
    This is a great camera. I own both a hasselblad and a pentax. I must admit the takumar 105 seems (to my eyes) a lot better than the planar 80
    I agree. It's also sharper and has even more character than the fabulous Contax 645 80mm F/2.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by f/16 View Post
    It's going to be weird(and expensive)-ONLY 10 exposures per roll.
    You get used to it

Just think, you're supporting the film industry! The next stop is 70mm backs, that gets you about 60 frames of 6x7 on a roll...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin