Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,671   Posts: 1,481,807   Online: 1123

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MaximusM3 View Post
    The market for something like that is virtually non-existent. That's the reality of it.

Quote Originally Posted by zsas View Post
    Kodak made such a thing....

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00004XP73
    C'mon Max, there is such'a product, heck it's even ranked

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #24,022 in Camera & Photo

Someone tweet or put the above link on FB, this camera will be #1 in a fortnight or less!
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There used to be thousands and thousands of such hybrid cameras used in in chain studios, both deparment store and school photos, at least in the U.S. and Canada.

They were essentially a stop gap measure before digital had enough quality to stand on its own. When this gear was changed over to digital only, virtually no one was interested in the hybrid gear which was mostly scrapped. Of course, these were big cameras, needing heavy-duty camera stands, not like you are probably thinking of. But still, there was no demand. One of the long-time manufacturers of long-roll portrait cameras (among numerous other products), PhotoControl Corp., went out of business about this time.

So no, I don't think there would be much interest today. If you wanted to rig something yourself, you could probably mount a tiny digital camera in the flash shoe of a standard film camera.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    If you wanted to rig something yourself, you could probably mount a tiny digital camera in the flash shoe of a standard film camera.
    That's a better idea than you think!

At least the exposure could be synchronized. And the accessory camera could capture geo-location data and other notes.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Kinda like hitching a pig and a mule together when you want to plow the field...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfeye View Post
    Kodak had an "Advantix Preview" that did this. Didn't store the image digitally, but could have.
    It is even still listed on one of Kodak's servers...

http://wwwat.kodak.com/AT/de/consume...xPreview.shtml

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    To throw two wrenches in things, first, why is this discussion allowed since it contains digital, shouldn't this be a DPUG topic which covers hybrid technology?

Also, what about a film camera that shoots TWO KINDS OF FILM at once, so you could for example shoot a roll of 400TX and also shoot a roll of Portra400 at the same time, now to me that would make more sense for the film market
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneNYC View Post
    To throw two wrenches in things, first, why is this discussion allowed since it contains digital, shouldn't this be a DPUG topic which covers hybrid technology?

Also, what about a film camera that shoots TWO KINDS OF FILM at once, so you could for example shoot a roll of 400TX and also shoot a roll of Portra400 at the same time, now to me that would make more sense for the film market
    because you can just shoot Portra 400, and then scan it, and work the grain effect in digital-post to simulate tri-x. Yes, it isn't the "true" thing, but it does the job perfectly fine.

-Dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    I know, but I'm talking about both integrated in the same camera.
    David G is exactly right. For example, Hasselblad for medium format, Linhof and Sinar Bron for view cameras, make interchangeable digital and film backs. Shoot digitally and hope the image doesn't disappear after awhile, and then switch backs and shoot the scene on film to preserve it forever.

Mark

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielStone View Post
    because you can just shoot Portra 400, and then scan it, and work the grain effect in digital-post to simulate tri-x. Yes, it isn't the "true" thing, but it does the job perfectly fine.

-Dan
    Again not a traditional process... If you print optically this doesn't work.

But good input, however, using your example why not just shoot digital and make it look like film by adding grain in Photoshop?

see, all of a sudden doesn't sound as good.

Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin