Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,300   Posts: 1,535,806   Online: 695

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Here you go. Digital camera, photo editor, and polaroid printer all in one: http://www.amazon.com/Olympus-C-211-...T/ref=pd_ybh_2

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    But no film intermeditate. (If that would be important.)

Shooter
    127 Format
    LOL. Camedia takes Smart Media cards which do not exist anymore.

I can still get film for my 1951 Brownie Hawkeye Flash.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    an interesting project (for those who are interested) http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/digipod

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pdeeh View Post
    an interesting project (for those who are interested) http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/digipod
    Why was this not developed years ago by large camera companies?

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It would not surprise me to learn that it was, but was found wanting, either technically or in terms of market. These days, however, niche products can be made profitable (film for instance)

An initiative like this could perhaps be made a modest (in terms of volume) but nevertheless profitable success.

After all, the Lomography crew seem to be doing quite well out of selling crappy overpriced plastic cameras and heavily marked up film, so there's clearly a market for slightly kitschy stuff (I'm not being snitty about this, they're a success story and good for them too)

I wouldn't want one, as I'm happy with my digital and film cameras being separate, but there will be those who will.

The idea that you could have a genyouwine film camera (but be able to get real digital photos out of it) has real potential, it seems to me. I just think he should have used Kickstarter where he'd probably find a higher profile with one of the markets that really matters - the US; I bet it would go down a storm in Japan too ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bill View Post
    A bit of history: If you're good, you don't really need such a system, but it allowed relatively untrained people to shoot
    Dearly Beloved, we are gathered here today in the presence of TS, to join film and digital in matrimony, which is commended to be honorable among all systems; and therefore is not by any to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly, but reverently, discreetly, advisedly and solemnly. Into this holy estate these two systems present now come to be joined. If any person can show just cause why they may not be joined together, let them speak now or forever hold their peace.
    Hey, I'm against it ! Their not suited together; let them go their own ways. We still got fresco and oil painting, pencil and etching, lithography and screen printing; those two systems never intervened. Let them go; if after some 50 years nobody uses film anymore, so be it. My students are 18 now; due to "financial crisis" I hope they retired by then and have the time(and the money) to pick up what I've told them how to write in light. Moreover, I think they can then make film and camera's as easy as we can make developer now.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pdeeh View Post
    It won't be full-frame.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveh View Post
    Why was this not developed years ago by large camera companies?
    Early on in digital history (about '92 or '93), a very similar product was being developed and shown at trade shows. I don't remember who it was that was trying to do this.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof_Pixel View Post
    Early on in digital history (about '92 or '93), a very similar product was being developed and shown at trade shows. I don't remember who it was that was trying to do this.
    Yes, I remember this and it never got off the ground. I assumed it was marketeers who thought more money could be made by selling completely new cameras, with no end to bells and whistles on future new models. But I always thought the digital cassette with an image receptor on a film leader type configuration was the way to go.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin