Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,610   Online: 1122

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Combined film and digital camera

Just out of interest, does anyone think there would there be a market for a camera that was a digital and film combined? One where you could record in digital and if you thought the shot was worthy, you could make a second shot on film. Such a camera would help the longevity of film.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    There are already medium format cameras with digital and film backs of the same format. The digital backs are costly, but if someone needs that feature and can afford it, it's there.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    There are already medium format cameras with digital and film backs of the same format. The digital backs are costly, but if someone needs that feature and can afford it, it's there.
    I know, but I'm talking about both integrated in the same camera.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There was a hybrid camera:

Polaroid i-Zone Digital Combo

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I think than a TLR or RF camera could home a sensor somewhere.
    Olympus did release a camera with two sensors, one for the EVF and another for the image. Put the former into a RF or TLR system et voilà. Not altering the RF or TLR by using one of those pellicle mirrors or beamsplitters.

Shooter
    127 Format
    I have often thought of this same concept.

Make a TLR with the top half and the 'viewfinder' as electronic and the bottom half for film. The waist level viewfinder would double as the electronic review screen.

Have a two-stage shutter button that lets you choose one or the other or both. It would be easy to build in a double-exposure warning/prevention for the film stage.

Construction should be simple using a fixed focal length. They would just have to work out the focusing linkage between the two stages.

Leave auto focus out of it and keep it very, very simple.
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    35mm
    Kodak had an "Advantix Preview" that did this. Didn't store the image digitally, but could have.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Such a camera would allow you to switch from virtual/cloud to physical capture, thus enhancing your best pictures.

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No, but if Apple were to make an iphone with a 6x9 back...

Seriously, I don't see much of a market for it. The vast majority of people shoot digital, and would have no interest in using film. "Worthy" film shots mean nothing to them, as they're already convinced digital is superior.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    No, but if Apple were to make an iphone with a 6x9 back...

Seriously, I don't see much of a market for it. The vast majority of people shoot digital, and would have no interest in using film. "Worthy" film shots mean nothing to them, as they're already convinced digital is superior.
    tell em eddie!
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin