Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,540   Posts: 1,544,287   Online: 808

Shooter
    Multi Format

Just got a Rollei 6008i

When I got my SLX in 1985 it was already a little out-dated. The 6006 was on the market and my 1974 Modern Photography magazine (that I still have) had a test report of the SLX. The plan was to use the SLX well and when it breaks to get the newer camera. Well, I'm still waiting for the SLX to break. I must have got one of the good ones, it is still going strong.
    Anyway I wanted to upgrade to the newer camera while 120 film is still available! (I'm still pissed that 220 B&W is gone)

I was a little concerned my older non-PQ lenses may not work based on some wording in the manual. However, but they work both in Aperture-Preferred and Shutter-Preferred modes (where as on the SLX there is only Shutter-Preferred automation.) Manual mode is a little funky because when you press the button to stop-down-meter it won't continuously read the aperture as you change it. You have to re-press the meter button after each change in speed or aperture. Makes it a little harder to zero the meter markings. Basically you zero in on the exposure by trial-and-error.

Both my SLX 90degree and 45degree prisms fit just fine, showing the focus screen and the metering information. My SLX electronic releases worked fine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	file-125.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	236.0 KB 
ID:	72351

Picture shows the 6008i with a SLX 45 degree prism and the massive 40mm Distagon. The PQ 80mm lens that came with the camera is in front.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Congrats ! Check out our Rollei 600* Group we have in the group section nad show us some of your shots when you get them and I agree with you about 220.... another Kodak lousy call followed by Ilford and then every one else.... bunch of cows!
    Logan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Congrats - they're very ergonomic cameras and the lenses are of course great.

I have some problems with mine (my 6008i doesn't register the aperture or shutter speed correctly, and my 6008Pro has lost it's light meter). I love using these things when they're working though, very quick compared to a hasselblad. I actually prefer the red LED display on the 6008i compared to the 6008AF, as it's easier to see in bright light.

The only thing that would make these perfect for me would be a back that records data on the film rebate. Not much chance of a new back being developed now though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowly View Post
    The only thing that would make these perfect for me would be a back that records data on the film rebate. Not much chance of a new back being developed now though.
    Interesting that the 1974 article on the SLX indicates that a back that records data on the rebate is 'in the works.'

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin