Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,452   Online: 944

Shooter
    Multi Format

Do any Pentax MF cameras have timers?

Neither my 645 or 6X7MLU have a self timer-I hate that. Do any of the Pentax's have it? That's the 645's only flaw in an otherwise near perfect camera in my opinion. It has so many great features-TTL flash, motordrive, darn accurate meter, second tripod socket for verticals, shutter speeds down to 15 sec. The timer drastically reduces the need to use a cable release(and allows yourself in the pic). I've gotten spoiled over Nikon's MC-10/MC-12/MC-30 style of electronic release-hate any other type. I hate cables, I hate wireless remotes
    Bill

Pentax 645, Pentax 6X7MLU, and many Nikons-F2 Photomic F2AS FM2N N2000 N6000 N6006 Nikomat FTN

Shooter
    Large Format
    Per the product literature I have, the 645N, 645NII and 67II all have electronic self timers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Arcane, mechanical self-timers can be found on the second hand market that will trip the 6x7/67, probably also the 645. They are plentiful. Pentax at one stage made its own for the 67. The thing to watch out for is to ensure the plunger is only long enough to trip the shutter and no more (both the 6x7 and 67 bodies have short-throw triggers, thus cable releases/timers with long-throw plungers should be used with caution), as an excessively long plunger could potentially jam the shutter; conversely, a short one (not very common) may bottom out without triggering. Unfortunately the only way to find out what works is buy one!

Have a look here: http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_s...mer%26_arr%3D1
    Last edited by Poisson Du Jour; 08-06-2013 at 02:21 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    Per the product literature I have, the 645N, 645NII and 67II all have electronic self timers.

The OP has the older 645 (no N), 6x7 / 67 bodies, neither of which had a self-timer.
    Last edited by Poisson Du Jour; 08-06-2013 at 02:22 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Pentax 67ii sure has self timer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My Bronica RF645 has a timer.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    I've gotten a bunch of the mechanical add-on timers like Poisson mentions above, you can have one if you're interested.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony-S View Post
    My Bronica RF645 has a timer.
    Not a Pentax.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Arcane, mechanical self-timers can be found on the second hand market that will trip the 6x7/67, probably also the 645. They are plentiful. Pentax at one stage made its own for the 67. The thing to watch out for is to ensure the plunger is only long enough to trip the shutter and no more (both the 6x7 and 67 bodies have short-throw triggers, thus cable releases/timers with long-throw plungers should be used with caution), as an excessively long plunger could potentially jam the shutter; conversely, a short one (not very common) may bottom out without triggering. Unfortunately the only way to find out what works is buy one!

Have a look here: http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_s...mer%26_arr%3D1
    Thanks for the link. I didn't know about these.
    Bill

Pentax 645, Pentax 6X7MLU, and many Nikons-F2 Photomic F2AS FM2N N2000 N6000 N6006 Nikomat FTN

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    mechanical self-timers can be found on the second hand market that will trip the 6x7/67, probably also the 645. They are plentiful. Pentax at one stage made its own for the 67. The thing to watch out for is to ensure the plunger is only long enough to trip the shutter and no more (both the 6x7 and 67 bodies have short-throw triggers, thus cable releases/timers with long-throw plungers should be used with caution), as an excessively long plunger could potentially jam the shutter; conversely, a short one (not very common) may bottom out without triggering. Unfortunately the only way to find out what works is buy one!

The two I got from fixcinater are adjustable. So I assume most are??? Just start out very shallow then adjust deeper in small increments until it's just enough to trip the shutter.
    Last edited by f/16; 08-20-2013 at 12:15 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Bill

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin