Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,565   Posts: 1,545,318   Online: 902

Shooter
    Multi Format

A few Rapid Omega Questions

I recently acquired a Rapid Omega 200 and having owned a Koni Omegaflex M (giant TLR) previously, am fairly comfortable with many aspects of the system. However I find myself with some questions specific to the Rapid/Koni RFs:

How fiddly should lens mounting be? With the 'flex, the lens board mounting was pretty straightforward. Not so much with the Rapid, especially with the 180 (the long pins.) Am I just inept, is this normal or should I be worried about my example? Will practice help?

On my example, the shutter cocking lever return spring on the body does not work. This did not manifest itself until I got the 58 which does not return the cocking stud on the lens to its original position. All sorts of jamming mischief results. Might this be a reasonable DIY fix? From looking on the web, it would seem to be not rocket science but aside from bending one of the coils tangent to create an attaching loop I will not have access to a replacement spring. Is this a viable strategy?

The light seal between the body and magazine is failing (about a quarter of it fell out.) Again, not rocket science but a potential PITA. If I can't talk Jon Goodman (oh please, oh please) in to cutting one for me, what materials and techniques would you use?

Just out of curiosity, what (if anything) is under the "hood" on the tops of the long lenses back at the mount?

Thanks, j

Images
    Good Morning, Jim,

Mounting the 180mm lens isn't really any different than mounting the 90mm; it's just that the lens is bulkier/heavier and has pins which are longer, perhaps making the alignment slightly trickier.

I'm sorry that I don't really understand the question about the cocking lever, so I can't comment on that.

Konical

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you're talking about the lever that pivots on the bottom of the camera, and connects the pull arm on the back to the shutter cocking lever on the lens, then yes, it's an easy fix. This broke on my Rapid M last year. It was an easy fix to just use the same spring and just make it a little shorter.

Here's a great link with pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/heritag...es/4102809168/

Practice will help with mounting the 180, just be aware of the pins.

Talk to Jon Goodman about light seals. I had some scraps from one of his kits that I used to replace the light seal between the body and magazine.

I also believe that Dirk (heritage futures) is on APUG as well.
    Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

"If I had a nickel for every time I had to replace a camera battery, I'd be able to get the #@%&$ battery cover off!" -Me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks guys, very helpful.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin