Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,912   Posts: 1,521,610   Online: 881

Shooter
    Med. Format RF

Fuji GSW 690 II wind lever stuck

Got my hands on a Fuji GSW 690 II and was running a test roll through it. Everything was working fine and at the end of the roll was doing the last few strokes to disengage the film from the supply spool. The film disengaged right at the end of a wind stroke but after that the wind lever would not return back to a neutral position, it got stuck at the far right end of the stroke (see pic).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo_c.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	20.4 KB 
ID:	72569

This thing feels like a tank so I did not think there was a danger of overwinding. Does anyone have any suggestions for a quick fix or is this professional job? Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not sure, I luckily have not had happen, and my cameras are so far trouble free. I am guessing if you remove the bottom plate, or maybe the top plate you can see where its jammed up. What I have read online says its only a few screws, and a locking collar ring around the wind lever thats holding the top plate on.

If anyone has a copy of the repair/service manual I would love to have a copy, just in case.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Try Flickr groups

There are some FLICKR groups for the 690 that you could join and maybe get some help.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/fuji-gw690/

http://www.flickr.com/groups/fujimf/

Or, you could just declare it a disaster and send it to me to use

Good luck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This happened to me once on my own GW690II. Sent it out for repairs. Turned out it was a problem with shutter being jammed, which in turn, blocked the mechanism for arming. The camera had been dropped, however, which doesn't seem to be your case...
    Last edited by Sahebnazar; 08-08-2013 at 10:20 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Dreaming in Ektachrome

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Thanks for the comments and suggestions so far. Yes, it looks like 4 screws and the collar ring will get the top plate off but man, that collar ring is hard to get a grip on. Having said that, with a closer look, that ring has seen some past action (scratches, grip marks) so while I've not dropped the camera, perhaps this is not an isolated incident.

Repairman it may have to be since I just got it. Not had much luck with my last few used gear purchases.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin