Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,732   Online: 1092

Shooter
    35mm

Voigtlander Bessa Voigtar 1:3.5 F=10.5 Compur Rapid Nr 2013233

Just unearthed the above Voigtlander. Working; if a bit dusty, rusty and musty... and the self timer took a few days to get to around giving 10 seconds - fairly regularly (!) Any ideas of age, please? It would be a real joy to find out if it is a year or two older than me. I was made in 1938! Ed

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ed, If it is the BABY Bessa, that is the 6x6 bessa then it is almost certainly pre war, I have a 1938 baby bessa that I use regulaly, works fine, Mine has the voigtar lens, uncoated and a Prontor shutter, and is smaller than many 35mm cameras of the period, Voightlander were renowned for producing some very compact full frame cameras,
    Richard

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Richard. Its 6x9, so not the 'baby'. But thanks for the info. Doubt if I can use it. Grime has taken a toll. Not all is lost, though. I have a Rollie - probably a 'T'- that is also working, complete with a variety of lenses and accessories. The case stitching is frayed etc, but the camera is fine. So perhaps I can get back to Medium format sometime soon. Thanks for your time. Ed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Focal length in cm rather than mm usually means prewar, but I think not always. Is the serial number from the lens or the shutter?

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin