Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,911   Posts: 1,556,241   Online: 921
      
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    20

    Mamiya RB67 CDS prism finder issue

    Hello everyone, I just recently acquired a Mamiya RB67 with a CDS prism finder. It had some corrosion in the battery terminal which I cleaned out with vinegar so it's good to go. I put some new SR44 batteries in and pressed the battery check button and the green light came on, which I was very relieved! The problem I'm facing is that when I turn the meter on, the needle doesn't move one bit regardless of what ISO/shutter/aperture combo I put in. I'm thinking it might be a wire issue with the needle but I'm not sure. Does anyone know what could be causing this?

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Portland Oregon
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    900
    Images
    584
    It's made by Mamiya...

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    UK
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    3,076
    Quote Originally Posted by illumiquest View Post
    It's made by Mamiya...

    hiss...
    gently rotate the prism in the axis of the galvo the needle should move contra wise but it is a while since I used one...
    if it moves probably a wire fault if does not move galvo suspension broken either might need replacement galvo.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    20
    I solved this mystery last night thankfully! I took out the needle to inspect it and a screw I had lost earlier found itself on the side of the needle, not allowing it to move. Once I put the screw back in place, I tried to get the meter to work but it still didn't budge. The red stick on the bottom of the prism is supposed to activate the electric charge by pressing two metal pieces together which conduct power from the battery to the needle. The two metal pieces were too far apart and the red stick wasn't bringing them together fully, so once I adjusted these everything works perfectly! I got a killer deal on my camera set up and had to do a little work to get it 100%.



 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin