Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,102   Online: 848

Shooter
    Multi Format

Sometimes you get what you pay for, sometimes you don't and Pentax 6x7 is so cheap.

Hi guys,
    Here is my story:
    After I've read the GAS Pentax 6x7 thread in rangefinderforum, I decided to get one. First I bought a broken film winding mechanism Pentax 67ii with AE Prism for 100 EUR (still haven't repaired it yet, I'm so lazy ). Then I heard about KEH UGLY Grade lens can be useful. Well, I don't want to spend much just for another system, I've had already RZ67. I placed an order with 4 lenses from them for 220 bucks. These lenses turned out to be: a good Pentax 6x7 55mm f4 with small scratches in the front, which won't affect pictures, a mint Takumar 75mm f4.5 with slight haze, a near mint Takumar 105mm and Takumar 200mm with fungus ( I can clean them). Because of the broken Pentax 67ii, I must buy another body to use these lenses. I won an auction and acquierd 2 non MLU Pentax 6x7 bodies with non metered prism for 105 EUR. One is decribed defect, but I fixed it ( so easy) within 1 minute. What they need is new lightseal, that's all. Finally, last week I bought from an English gentleman a defect aperture Pentax 67 45mm for 58 EUR ( I can fix it too).
    Now I have a system that I can use in many situation. I dumped all my digital gears not so long ago and I think I did right. MF sure is fun .
    Cheers,
    Thinh.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Images
    Just plan on spending all that money you saved on chiropractic visits...a 2-body, 4 or 5 lens system is a *beast*.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yeah, you're right. Last month I have registered for 2 year course at local gym. Hope I can stand it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyon Thinh View Post
    Yeah, you're right. Last month I have registered for 2 year course at local gym. Hope I can stand it.
    I wouldn't think you'd need to waste your money on the 2 years gym course since you have some fine exercise equipment already - RZ67 and Pentax 6X7.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    The P67 is my personal subminature system when I'm feeling downright lazy, or maybe its just too rainy or windy for a real camera like an 8x10. And I'm in my mid-60's. Who wants to be on a treadmill in a stinky gym, like a caged rat? The P67 does have its exercise limitations, but you can always opt to use a 16 lb maple tripod with it, and burn a few more calories that way.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DREW WILEY View Post
    The P67 is my personal subminature system when I'm feeling downright lazy, or maybe its just too rainy or windy for a real camera like an 8x10. And I'm in my mid-60's. Who wants to be on a treadmill in a stinky gym, like a caged rat? The P67 does have its exercise limitations, but you can always opt to use a 16 lb maple tripod with it, and burn a few more calories that way.
    Only someone who shoots 8x10 would call 6x7 (and 6x9) "subminiature". Wise guy!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You've landed a cracker of a kit with the 67 body and 45mm, 55mm lenses. Those lenses are very much sought after all the time.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

One beautiful image is worth
    a thousand hours of therapy.

"It is horrifying that we have to fight our own government
    to save the environment."
    .::Ansel Adams

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Shot a couple of rolls with the 67 II and 105 wide open. Love shooting the beast!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	631.5 KB 
ID:	73403Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image041 copy.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	1.20 MB 
ID:	73402

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixcinater View Post
    Just plan on spending all that money you saved on chiropractic visits...a 2-body, 4 or 5 lens system is a *beast*.
    But the gym membership can be dumped so nothing extra out of pocket.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin